“great experience, highly recommended”
Review of Hammam Baths

Hammam Baths
Ranked #5 of 49 Spas & Wellness in Athens
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hammam baths has to be on your list of ‘must do’s’ when in Athens since it’s the only authentic hammam in the city. Hammam baths offers you the ultimate relaxing experience through a blissful full body scrub during the bath and a glorious massage on warm marbles. You will feel your skin so soft and refreshed as never before. The building combines traditional architecture with modern minimal interiors.Our prices welcome you to visit again and again! Enjoy your day in the historical part of the city and treat your self to a traditional hammam bath! Booking is required so call us and we will be happy to assist you!
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I went with my girlfriend, we were very excited and everything turned out to be great. The reception service was very instructive, the masseuse professional. We were positively surprised to find that the products offered came all the way from the Dead Sea! Generally a very positive experience, we totally recommend it!!!

5  Thank sheldon F
in 16 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Have had hammam in Instanbul. This was a modern version. Excellent long massage. Really broke down the muscle tension. Outstanding.

6  Thank Riiky
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stopped by here after lunch near the Agora ruins; receptionist very knowledgeable and informative, in English; she advised my friend not to go through with the bath (because of menstruation) and me to wait a couple of hours (because I had had alcohol with luck). When I returned, filled out a health information form and then was led upstairs to a changing room that included lockers for securing my clothes and purse; the key is on an elastic that you wear on your wrist until your massage. The steam room and massage room are both co-ed, but there is no full nudity. (I wore the disposable bikini and two towels, one around my hips and the other around my breasts; the one around my breasts was removed only when I was lying on my belly for the back massage.) The massage is very thorough, and the sensation of soapy foam being lavished on with a heavy towel-like brush is amazing. My masseur (a very fit young Greek man) even gently brushed water out of my eyes without creating any discomfort, as well as washing my long hair and working over various sore spots from head to fingertips to toes. In the lounge, there was cold water, hot tea, fresh mint, and Turkish delight. The second shift receptionist was as friendly as the first.

8  Thank Mechaieh
Reviewed 27 October 2011

After excessive sightseeing and hotel hopping, my husband and I decided to have a relaxed weekend so we went to 'Hammam Baths'. I have honestly never been in a nicer place. It was the perfect reward after a week of walking around! We did the couples' service and we enjoyed it so much! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going to Greece!!!

6  Thank Anna M
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I have lived in Athens for 35 years and this was the best 2-3 hours I have spent in the city.
I had also never experienced a Turkish Hammam Bath (basically because it only opened early this year) All I can say is that it was worth every Euro that I paid ( it was a birthday present for my daughter which I gladly shared) The owner and staff were extremely pleasant and very professional. The surroundings veryclean and so thoughtfully designed. Would definitely recommend a visit but make sure that you have nothing to do afterwards as it is very tiring being steamed/washed/scrubbed/rinsed and massaged!!
Already planning my next visit.

5  Thank Janet W