“Don't hesitate. Athens best-kept secret.”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room
Kitchen
Coffeemaker, blender, toaster, microwave, pots/pans aplenty! We'll even stock the fridge if you ask!
Kitchen
Dine overlooking the Acropolis & all of Athens, we'll even cater it for you!
The Double Bedroom
Living Room
Veranda
Veranda
Entrance
Our homes offer comfortable furnished outdoor living rooms with views
Hydromassage showers, steamy and soothing at the end of a days touring
Best dinner *and cheapest* with Acropolis views!
All of our homes offer at least 2 full bathrooms - no waiting!
Our triple bedrooms mean everyone sleeps in REAL BEDS, not on the couch!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Any
Alexako
Bristol, UK
“Don't hesitate. Athens best-kept secret.”
Reviewed 26 February 2009 for a stay in February 2009
people found this review helpful

As a regular visitor to Athens, and erstwhile long-term resident, I can confidently assure travellers that these apartments are exceptional. Superbly equipped with sophisticated plumbing (frequent visitors to Greece will know what that means!), they are extremely comfortable, spotlessly maintained and fitted with a host of extras, including not only broadband access but pcs so you don't even have to take your laptop. I stayed in Lycabettus View (LV) for 10 days - an extended stay as I developed an ear infection in Athens and had to postpone my flight home. Before I discovered LV, I had even been contemplating buying my own pied-a-terre in Athens to facilitate my visits to family and friends here. I now know that I've found the solution to all my future trips without having to worry about long-distance upkeep. My illness meant that I was particularly appreciative of the incredibly comfortable beds and beautiful linens, towels and bed covers - especially as I had previously been staying somewhere else, similarly priced, but with tatty, depressingly ancient linens and towels. Greek apartments also tend to be better suited to summer months, with poor, centrally controlled (and very limited) heating. LV had central heating that you control yourself (very quick and efficient) as well as air-conditioning units that also offer extra heat if you feel the need. Carole, the owner, was fabulously supportive and gives you the impression that you are her only guest in all the world. She is attentive, warm and enormously helpful. Her wonderful housekeeper, Vera, keeps the apartments sparkling clean and is over within minutes if you have a problem (speaking Greek helped here but Vera is in daily communication with Carole in the States, and there is free telephone access to the US from the apartments, so i can't imagine any situation where guests would feel unsupported). I was able to see all the apartments when i was there, and LV is the most compact - absolute heaven for me alone, and as a not particularly well visitor who probably stayed within its four walls more than most, but I imagine 2 couples would still be very comfortable indeed and the apartment can sleep up to another 4, I think (though you'd have to all like each other a lot!). If you have any worries that you might be missing out on hotel 'comforts', all I can say is don't hesitate. Book! These are exceptional apartments, with exceptional service in a quiet yet central Athenian location. Utterly first-class! Thanks, Carole. I look forward to becoming one of your 'regulars'.

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Euro_Trav...
San Diego, California
“To stay anywhere else in Athens would be a mistake.”
Reviewed 21 February 2009 for a stay in February 2009
person found this review helpful

After renting vacation rental apartments in over 15 different city's in Europe, I can profoundly say this is the BEST vacation apartment rental I have ever stayed in. The apartment was clean, well furnished, had all the amenities that you could possibly ever need. Carol the owner was an incredible source of information about the area and left us with not even one question unanswered. Acropolis View Luxury Penthouses is the bench mark that all other vacation rentals will have a hard time living up to. We can not recommend these apartments with more enthusiasm. Carol you made our Holiday. Thanks again.

Visit was for: Leisure
Your age range 35-49
Johnna411
San Diego, California
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 30 October 2008 for a stay in October 2008

We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in the door of 15, Sigyptou Street. My friend was in charge of finding the 6 of us a place to stay in Athens and she did a great job of choosing this one. Carole, the owner, was extremely helpful and makes sure her guests are well taken care of. Everything was so clean, comfortable, and new. The large balconies on both floors were extremely nice and we used them every chance we could.

We had a phenomenal time in Athens and thoroughly enjoyed the condo and all the amenities, including a completely stocked kitchen, washer and dryer, hairdryer, toaster, microwave, reclining leather chairs, pull out sofa in the living room, 2 bathrooms, and 3 seperate bedrooms. The library included helpful books on Athens, the Greek language, and maps of the area. There was a packet to read with all the information needed to find our way to restaurants, historical sites, buses, and even suggested a lovely gentleman taxi driver, that transported us from our cruise ship to the apartment and gave us a tour of the apartment. He also brought us back to the airport. The complimentary basket of goodies on the kitchen table was also a nice extra touch.

It was very homey and much more fun staying in a local neighborhood instead of the typical hotel. The grocery store was less than a block away which came in very handy. We had fun relaxing and played cards every night at the kitchen table. After our walking excursions everyday, including about 7 or 8 miles on Sunday, we were so happy to come back to our temporary Athens “home”. I would suggest, on your first sightseeing day in Athens, to ride the tour bus. You buy 1 ticket for 24 hours and it picks you up and drops you off at a number of different locations throughout Athens. The closest location is at the Hilton Hotel. We made the mistake of walking for miles the 1st two days and then when we took the tour bus on the 3rd day, we had wished we had done this sooner. It's better to see the lay of the land first, before you trek all over. It's easy to get lost. Bring a compass and be sure you get a map from the taxi driver. I would definately stay here again if we go back to Athens.

Location Cleanliness
Liked best: Open living area in living room and kitchen. 2 beautiful large balconies.
Liked least: Small upstairs bedrooms, one double bed in one room and 2 twins in other room.
Visit was for: Other
Your age range 50-64
MuffyCana...
Canada
“Great Penthouse In Athens”
Reviewed 27 October 2008 for a stay in October 2008

The Alpha Penthouse was everything advertised. It was clean, and bright, with all new appliances. The location was perfect for 6 ladies that enjoyed shopping.
Carole arranged our pickup at the Cruise ship, and our trip to the Airport on our return to Canada.
The penthouse rooftop veranda was a splendid way to view the Acropolis at night.
The apartment is airy with a large balcony off the livingroom, and each bedroom.
Internet access was an added feature. We could print our boarding passes from our apartment.
We will book again with Carole on our next trip to Athens.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: roof top view
Liked least: nothing
Visit was for: Quality time with friends
RandGSili...
Silicon Valley
“Mediocre experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2008 for a stay in October 2008

My family and I stayed at the Athens First and Lykavittos View apartments recently and had a mediocre experience. We booked the apartments through the owner, Greek Vacation Rentals. The apartments are OK, but much smaller than advertised. While they technically may sleep 7 to 8 people as touted, I would highly discourage occupying them with any more than 4 adults (and even then, be prepared to spend time in close quarters and without any sound insulation). During our stay, the bathroom in one of the two apartments flooded due to a defect in the plumbing (we were given some story about the drain being filled with concrete), and we were forced to clean up the flood of water to prevent damage to the apartment. We then had to wake up early to host the plumber who performed the noisy repairs. The owner of the apartments did not even apologize for the inconvenience and claimed that this problem could occur anywhere. While she was helpful and friendly until after receiving the prepayments for the apartments, she had the audacity to try to collect additional invalid charges after the poor experience we endured. This is one situation where I was pleased to have the protection against unethical merchants provided by credit cards. I certainly would not stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone else.

Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Quality time with family
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing