3,809 results
All reviewsbutler servicerooftop restaurantwinter gardenbutler floorcigar bargb roof gardensyntagma squareparliament buildingbeautiful hoteldeluxe suitesteam roomindoor poolgreek parliamenttop floormarble bathroomking georgeour honeymoon
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Have stayed at dozens of Luxury Collection branded hotels and this one is for sure the worst.

Positive:
- Great location next to subway station to airport as well as within walking distance to most destinations in Athens downtown
- Excellent view of Acropolis from roof top bar during sunrise / sunset. This is the primary reason we've selected the hotel over other Starwood hotels in Athens. However you don't have to be a hotel guest to get to the roof top bar. My suggestions is to stay elsewhere and come to the roof top bar for a drink

Negative:
- Watch out the charge at the roof top bar. Drink prices charged was 1 - 2 euro higher than listed in menu. Both me and my friend noticed the discrepancy.
- My check-in experience was on the 6th floor at the Butler office as I was confirmed into a suite pre-arrival. Arrived early and was told the room was not available yet. Went out and came back after 2pm check-in time. Was told room is still unavailable. Asked to cancel reservation and a room magically became available.
- Check-in agent keeps saying that I have been upgraded to a suite which is not really the case as I used a Suite Upgrade Award certificate which confirmed me into a suite 5 days before arrival and the upgrade will be paid by Starwood corporate. Claiming she upgraded me is quite a bit deceptive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul L
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and we are truly disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with some aspects of your stay. Your comments have been carefully considered and thank you for highlighting these to our attention. Regarding the prices of the bar menu, we would certainly investigate this issue should you send us your bill to info.gb@luxurycollection. On a positive note, we are happy you enjoyed the views and central location of our Hotel and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

This rooftop terrace is next to the King George and being 1 floor higher gives wonderful views across Syntagma Sq towards the Acropolis. The service was impeccable, the food excellent and to watch the sun set behind The Acropolis was an added bonus!!!. Highly recommended

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The Hotel Grande Bretagne features a beautiful lobby that is grandiose in old world classic style with marble ornate flooring. The service was immaculate throughout the stay. The rooftop restaurant features a global menu and has a fantastic view of the Acropolis and the Parthenon. This is a must see!
The indoor pool was a delight along with the numerous steam rooms and saunas. What an added bonus to being a part of such a beautiful palace of a hotel in the middle of Athens. It is worth splurging and staying here. You deserve it!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Classic, Beauty, High Level Service! During a fam trip for my company Oxygen Events we stayed 2 nights at this lovely hotel. It has a classic style, but I love it and you feel really welcome, comfortable in a relaxed way. Walking distance from the major attractions. The roof top restaurant is great and spectacular views.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

A double room very comfortable but bathroom too small (room 419). Very nice hotel, very centrally located. Amazing roof restaurant and the lobby bar is a must, either for a drink, coffee or light snacks and sweets. A must to see is the sigar bar. Amazing place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple