“paradise to stay”

Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #4 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Ultimate place to stay when u are in athens .old world charm .The location is amazing on the square excellent view while having breakfast you can view acropolis all the time .The staff is super.The rooms are wonderful huge and big bathrooms .would love to go once again.

Room Tip: 7 floor facing square
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,478)

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip to Greece. The location is excellent with no worries about being so close to the square. The rooms are wonderful with such big bathrooms. The pool is small but we were able to relax there one afternoon and really enjoyed it. The spg gold benefits were exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank detraveler_7
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Nice hotel, expensive. Old world charm. My room was small. I didn't like Athens. Dogs, dogs, dogs........graffiti, beggars...... Other than the history, I was disappointed with Athens. As soon as you leave the city, it's a beautiful place. Greek isles are now my favorite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank makeup1031
Reviewed 1 June 2012

As soon as I arrived I wanted to stay longer to be able to enjoy the indoor pool at the spa and other amenities at this lovely hotel. My stay was part of a tour arranged in connection with a cruise taken the next day so I am not sure of the cost. After being assigned a room the butler showed me to my room on the "butler floor" which included a full balcony overlooking the Parliament Building at the top of Constitution Square. I watched the colorful changing of the guards from my room. The room was very elegant with luxurious furnishings, large well appointed bathroom, and comfortable bed. However, the absolute star of this hotel in the rooftop restaurant which has an excellent view of the Acropolis. The included breakfast buffet (very generous selection of breakfast items) in the outdoor setting is a great way to begin your day in Athens. I also ate dinner there which was very good but I was disappointed the server let me order the Greek salad which was delicious but enough for three or four people and I was alone. I mentioned it to her and she brushed me off with a comment about how people really like the flavors. Even that could not mar my absolute enjoyment of my room and this hotel. I know I would not normally book this hotel on my own so I am thrilled I had such a luxurious start to my vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank queen of belize
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Grande Bretagne is your place to stay when in Athens! I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful Hotel. The staff is super. They go up and beyond in providing you the excellence that is associated with this Hotel.
They are super friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The location is ideal for all of Athens. We took advantage of their SPA services and WOW just an awesome experience.
Now let me add this. The price is very reasonable. We had a large room and breakfast was included for less than 275 Euros per night. Not too shabby at all!
I urge you to book this place for your next trip to Athens!

Room Tip: Any room will be super! Ours had a super view! You cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family