3,808 results
All reviewsbutler servicerooftop restaurantwinter gardenbutler floorcigar bargb roof gardensyntagma squareparliament buildingbeautiful hoteldeluxe suitesteam roomindoor poolgreek parliamenttop floormarble bathroomking georgeour honeymoon
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip to Greece. The location is excellent with no worries about being so close to the square. The rooms are wonderful with such big bathrooms. The pool is small but we were able to relax there one afternoon and really enjoyed it. The spg gold benefits were exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank detraveler_7
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Nice hotel, expensive. Old world charm. My room was small. I didn't like Athens. Dogs, dogs, dogs........graffiti, beggars...... Other than the history, I was disappointed with Athens. As soon as you leave the city, it's a beautiful place. Greek isles are now my favorite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank makeup1031
Reviewed 1 June 2012

As soon as I arrived I wanted to stay longer to be able to enjoy the indoor pool at the spa and other amenities at this lovely hotel. My stay was part of a tour arranged in connection with a cruise taken the next day so I am not sure of the cost. After being assigned a room the butler showed me to my room on the "butler floor" which included a full balcony overlooking the Parliament Building at the top of Constitution Square. I watched the colorful changing of the guards from my room. The room was very elegant with luxurious furnishings, large well appointed bathroom, and comfortable bed. However, the absolute star of this hotel in the rooftop restaurant which has an excellent view of the Acropolis. The included breakfast buffet (very generous selection of breakfast items) in the outdoor setting is a great way to begin your day in Athens. I also ate dinner there which was very good but I was disappointed the server let me order the Greek salad which was delicious but enough for three or four people and I was alone. I mentioned it to her and she brushed me off with a comment about how people really like the flavors. Even that could not mar my absolute enjoyment of my room and this hotel. I know I would not normally book this hotel on my own so I am thrilled I had such a luxurious start to my vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank queenofbelize
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Grande Bretagne is your place to stay when in Athens! I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful Hotel. The staff is super. They go up and beyond in providing you the excellence that is associated with this Hotel.
They are super friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The location is ideal for all of Athens. We took advantage of their SPA services and WOW just an awesome experience.
Now let me add this. The price is very reasonable. We had a large room and breakfast was included for less than 275 Euros per night. Not too shabby at all!
I urge you to book this place for your next trip to Athens!

Room Tip: Any room will be super! Ours had a super view! You cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff F
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I left here today and are in Santorini, we enjoyed this place so much that I am taking the time to write about it on my vacation. I don't know what the reason was whether it is just the nature of the hotel or the fact that my husband is starwoods platinum, we have never been treated this well before except maybe by the starwood properties inmauritius on our honeymoon. A few days prior to arrival hotel staff called us and asked us if we needed anything, we were not worried but just being diligent by asking about the demonstrations - the staff reassured us. We also booked this hotel for two nights on cash and points, not only were we upgraded we were put on the bultler service floor with a beautiful balcony where we sat for hours watching the changing of the gaurd in front of parliament and staring at the acropolis. We had dinner on the roof garden, pricey but worth it. We are vegetarian and they made an unbelievable meal for us, perhaps the best neopolitan pasta I have ever had. We enjoyed the cigar bar as well. Again pricey but worth it. We did the spa circuit included in the room, spa circuit was great after a cross atlantic flight. I got a massage, it was good, in no way was it not good but everything else at this place was so far above excellent that rating the massage as good seems low but still it was nice but perhaps not as outstanding as everything else. The location was wonderful, being able to walk to plaka and the acropolis. The bed was really comfortable. I honestly can't say anything negative. I know this place is expensive and since we are SPG we didn't pay the full price but I think if you wanted to splurge and have a luxurious stay this would be it. One of our butlers was wonderful, the other was good but being the people we are we didn't call them constantly, but it seemed others thought they were great. Views are unbelievable and if you need an hour away the pool is quite nice too. Excellent food at GB roof terrace, as well as check in service, maids made up the room wonderfully. I seriously can't find a fault with this place except it is pricey but more than worth it. I highly recommend it to unwind when you first arrive or leave to go home. Someone wrote they felt like Cinderella, certainly true but you don't turn into a pumpking there at midnight! We also had the free breakfast buffet as platinum staring at the acropolis, very good no need for lunch. Enjoy, don't think twice about this place and go for the view if you can especially if you are SPG preferred. I hope management reads this!

Room Tip: SPG - request acropolis view if they have it they will give it to you. Not sure if a non-acropolis view is worth it! They treat their platinum members great so go ahead and book on cash and points if you have the status.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travels120000
Htl_Grande_Bretagne, Manager at Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Guest,
I can assure you that management reads all comments and let me thank you for taking the time to write this extensive feedback on your vacations. We truly appreciate it and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel Grande Bretagne. We try our very best to exceed our guests’ expectations and when achieved it is truly rewarding. Looking forward to welcome you back on a future visit to Athens.