“Marathon and Poseidon”

Private Greece Tours
Ranked #2 of 303 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our private tours are exactly what you need so as to avoid the monotony of typical tour itineraries and the chaos of big tour groups. Our private tours take you to places and areas that big buses can't reach and offer you the flexibility to stop anywhere, anytime for whatever reason (photos, lunch brake, health needs etc). We are happy to offer you the rarest luxury of our times, individuality, in very competitive prices. You will just sit back and enjoy the personal attention given by your guide who will be willing to satisfy your requests with professionalism and courtesy.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This tour was well worth it. Dominic was our driver and made the day comfortable and kept us on schedule. We didn't feel rushed at all, saw all the sites and spots we expected to see and found Dominic pleasant, professional and as much of a "guide" as a driver. We really enjoyed being able to ask him about the areas surrounding Athens, about cultural and historical background, economic and social contexts. Learned a lot and saw some "off the beaten track" spots that we certainly would have missed without his help and suggestions

2  Thank Art K
nikos_loukas, Ιδιοκτήτης at Private Greece Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Nikos Loukas

Write a ReviewReviews (2,557)
All reviews
"athens tour"
in 163 reviews
"driver guide"
in 93 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 74 reviews
in 40 reviews
"major sites"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The moment I contacted Nikos about a private tour to Delphi and Meteora, I knew I came to the right place. He was very responsive, very accommodating and his quote was far cheaper than any tour operators I contacted with no hidden cost. He promised the quality of his driver without having to hire another tour guide and he was exactly right about that. George and Bill were our driver and co-driver for the 2 1/2 days journey from Athens - Delphi - Meteora - Athens that consisted of 8 adults and 4 small kids. They picked us up from the airport in the large Mercedes van that was roomy for 21 people, and the entertainment starts from the time they picked us up. Our guides were very knowledgeable and keep us informed about the history and Greek way of life along the way as we were traveling. Best of all, they were really good with kids to the level where any parents would bow to them! Our kids love George and Bill's quizzes, scavenger hunts, and yet learned about history. I guess George's past experience as a teacher helps! We also use Nikos's service 2 more time for drop off and pick up from airport and hotels since he offered very reasonable price. So far the whole team went above and beyond expectation. I would recommend them or hire them again if we ever get a chance to come back to Athens.

6  Thank Gade

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Nikos arranged an airport transfer and a 6 day tour of Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora for us. Our tour guide, George, was an amazing ambassador for Greece and a fun, interesting and knowledgeable guide. He truly is a treasure, and was the difference between a good and a spectacular trip. He connected with us and our teenage daughters and truly customized our experience to our tastes and interests. It was like having a cool cousin along on our vacation! He even organized a surprise birthday cake/celebration for my husband. Even our “guide”. from the airport to our apartment in Athens went above and beyond.

This company is happy to take you off the beaten the path and help you experience Greece is an entirely different and intimate way - take them up on their offer to do so and you’ll have a unique and memorable vacation!

3  Thank Pam P

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent experience from my initial inquiry all the way to drop off at end of tour. I highly recommend the service.

Kostas picked us up at our hotel on time and provided great service. He was extremely pleasant, spoke excellent English and was eager to share his extensive knowledge. My mother and kids really enjoyed our tour. It was a pleasure spending the day with Kostas and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an informative and fun tour.

3  Thank jdk410