“Perfect Athens Property”
other traveller has booked this property
HomeAway Home Acropolis-a pedestrian street step out from SoHo Athine
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
HomeAway Home
Acropolis-a pedestrian street step out from SoHo Athine
SoHoAthine-on 2nd floor in building made during 60s
Greek way! Authentic coffee and mezze bars!
Spotlight and bounce lighting
Kitchen details
Modern & Functional
Elegant dining set
Kitchen details!
All you may ask for in the kitchen
Bathroom -relaxing point
Explore your senses
Bathroom -stone vanity
Bathroom -stone vanity
Exclusive bedroom-Fine sateen linens!
Outdoor to the balcony-Inner yard view!
Anemos & Gay Laroche- Paris Towels
Wardrobe with sliding glass doors
Balcony
Pedestrian cafe-bars-restaurant street (look from the top terrace of our rental)
Observatory-Thissio-distance 5 min
Ancient Agora-Thissio-distance 5 min
New,elegant Sofa Bed-Bo Concept design
Keys for your special moments!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Athens Property”
Reviewed 16 November 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed here four nights: one by myself and two with my daughter and a friend. The accommodation was clean, comfortable, and stylish. The bed was comfortable, and while three women and one bathroom was at times a little hectic, we managed well. The place was fine for three of us - I think that it would be perfect for two. Everything you read in the other reviews is true: excellent location close to tavernas, coffee shops, bakeries, the Acropolis, Plaka, Monasteraki. Your taxi driver might have a little trouble finding the place - mine did, as the streets are a little crazy around Thissio, and the hand drawn map is a tad out of kilter. But, this place is charming and welcoming, and I'm going to say that finding our way around was part of the adventure. Anna and staff were very accommodating, and when my Athenian vacation was over I was disappointed: I would love to have stayed here more than four days. I would definitely recommend this apartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, location, location.
Liked least: Nothing. I liked everything!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
CanadianT...
Edmonton, Canada
“Wouldn't Hesitate to Stay Again”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We enjoyed our time in the apartment and found Anna herself easy to deal with. Everything was as advertised, had a good layout for the space, was quite clean, in a great location just 10 minutes leisurely walk from the Thissio metro station and just minutes from the walkway that goes around the Acropolis. The Wi-Fi and two Air Conditioners (which were quite quiet) all worked flawlessly.

Although the area can be a bit noisy weekend evenings with so many bars and restaurants close by, none of that is really heard from inside the apartment, especially with the patio door closed and the air conditioning on. There are several convenience stores, bakeries, and small grocery stores nearby which adds to its handy location.

The apartment is on the third floor, with only stairs for access, so if you have mobility issues you should take that into account. The bed is a little on the soft side compared to what you usually find in North America but we still managed fairly restful sleeps.

Anna provided a welcome email package with any information you need for arrival. We had a hiccup in that we didn't have a working cell phone to let them know our plane was delayed and we would be a half hour late. We always buy local SIM cards when traveling as Canadian roaming rates for anything like normal mobile internet usage for maps, etc., are ridiculously high.

We suggested to Anna that she include instructions for the washing machine for those of us that have never seen this type of machine before. Our sole real complaint is that we didn't find Lida to be that friendly (not sure if this was due to our late arrival) or overly helpful (she couldn't tell us that the Air Conditioners were controlled by the remotes). On the other hand she did tell us where to go to find a SIM card which we appreciated. I have conveyed our feelings on this to Anna already and it was really a minor thing in what was a comfortable 5 night stay. We don't feel it warrants deducting from a 5 star rating.

To us the real test of any rental is if we would book the property again. The answer is definitely yes. Overall we liked staying here and it represents very good value for the money.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and good modern design.
Liked least: Walking up the stairs after a long day of sightseeing.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Philadelp...
Philadelphia
“Excellent Apartment”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My daughter and I had a wonderful stay at Anna’s apartment in Thissio. I think that the fairest reviews do pros and cons; but basically there really aren’t any cons.
Pros:
-Great location, a quiet neighborhood, near Monastiraki, the Akropolis, walkable to Syntagma and very close to the Plaka, which is perfect, because I don’t think one would get much rest staying in the Plaka.
-Metro about 5-6 minutes away.
-The apartment has EVERYTHING. I was really impressed at the thoughtful design and provisioning.
-My daughter loved the bed, very comfortable.
-Excellent air conditioning.
-Very good wifi.
-The apartment is very secure, locked entry door, and on the second floor, which is important to me as I often travel with my child.
-Lots of great stuff nearby, on Pouloupoulu street, a lovely bakery with charming ladies is on your way to the apartment, another street down is a wine store and then there is a grocery store and quite a few cafes just steps from the apartment.

Due to the apartment’s location, it is easy to make the most of one’s trip. As everyone advises, get up early to see the Akropolis and the Akropolis museum, then take a break midday at the apartment before another activity. You’ll see the site with a nice temperature and less crowds. When we left, there were mounds of people and tours waiting to ascend.

As I said, there really aren’t any cons to this apartment. It is great for two people, but could also accommodate three adults or two adults with two children easily. The only tough thing I had was upon arrival, my cell phone wouldn’t work in Greece, and there isn’t a cell store in the airport. We used the metro to get downtown, (easy) and upon getting to Thissio I obtained a phone card from the kiosk that is on the way to the apartment. Luckily, there are still payphones around in Athens, and that is how I was able to call Lisa and meet her for check in. Just something to prepare for if you’re coming from the States or elsewhere without compatible phone service.
A great choice for Athens!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Not applicable
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
dennisbro...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent position and very well appointed”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Easy walking distance to metro (Thissio) and all areas of Athens - the Acropolis is particularly close by. We rarely used transport except to access Piraes for a Flying Dolphin trip to the island of Aegina (excellent) and to catch the tram from Neo Falira along the coast to Glifada (also excellent and, in particular, the numerous marinas). We also took the metro to Evangelismos for a walk and cable car ride up Lycabetus hill (stunning views).
There are many very good restaurants close by - 9 Andrianou street with views of the acropolis was particularly good, as was Lontos which is at the top of Iraklidon street about 200 metres from the apartment. We also walked to Kafeneio in Plaka for a memorably good evening.
The very secure apartment on the second floor is extremely well equipped and has small balconies at both front and rear. There is air conditioning and central heating which we used on a couple of chilly nights. There are many bars, small shops, bakery and supermarket on Iraklidon street which is 15 metres from the front door. As with most of Athens there is a lot of grafitti which can be off-putting but we found the area safe and friendly.

Management Response
23 Apr 2014
Our dear guests,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and our travelers. Very comprehensive review with great proposals for sightseeing and we do absolutely agree on them. Indeed, the area is very bohemian and loved by Athenians themselves as well as by tourists. As well as the apartment is concern you should know that every detail and service in the apartment has been specifically designed and adjusted in order to serve our guests in the best possible way during their holiday. I am,so glad you enjoyed your stay at SoHo.

Stay well! Best wishes,
Anna
SoHoAtine- -An Authentic Design Apartment
Live like Athenians, stay with us!
travelerr...
California
“Good Apartment-Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I agree with previous reviews that this apartment has a lot going for it-GREAT location, modern styling, small but good design; the problem is that management is not so good.. Anna was quick to respond to my emails for booking, etc..but not so prompt when we were trying to get in touch with her the day before check-out to make sure our cash deposit was returned. She did say she had gone out of town that weekend and had limited cell coverage where she was-great for a weekend get-a-way for Anna but not so good for tourists from the US who want to get their deposit back.We called the phone number for Maria as an alternate contact when we couldn't get Anna. It was obvious Maria didn't speak english, but did she really have to hang up on us? I should note that we never responded angrily or disrespectfully. Even if she doesn't understand english, I would expect her to understand the name "Anna" and perhaps try to phone Anna or Lida or something-other than just hang up! When we did finally reach Anna (she had returned home and finally had cell coverage) she kept apologizing for not being able to meet us herself when we checked in. Perhaps Anna is a very nice person, but I really don't care who meets me, etc…as long as our needs are met. Anna told us that Lida would meet us at the apartment 10 minutes --yes, 10 minutes before we were scheduled to leave/check-out. It's great that Anna has so much faith in Lida's ability to be on time, but did she really have to cut it so close?Being somewhat skeptical, I did mention that the time change would occur the night before-good thing I did as Anna said something to the affect of "oh, that's right". Lida did meet us as planned both times, first to let us in the apartment (and get total payment up front with a cash deposit), but didn't do a very good job showing us particulars about the apartment. We finally found our clean towels outside on the balcony drying. It would also have been helpful to have been orientated to the washing machine and the wifi service was there, but access was different than described…Lida also arrived as promised 10 minutes before we left. She never checked to see if anything had been damaged or was missing-so why the last minute meeting? Anna supplied us with a detailed list of everything that was in the apartment prior to check-in, down to the last dish, plate and glass…Well, maybe she should update her list because several things were not as stated. Again, no big deal-unless our deposit was docked for missing items that were not there in the first place-which it was not. Our deposit was returned in full. And finally, prior to arrival I had emailed Anna for help finding a grocery store that would carry rice milk-no help at all-Anna suggested I somehow bring it in my suitcase (I guess she doesn't' know about the airline restrictions for liquids in carry-on luggage). We made it work, but it took a lot more trouble than it should have. I understand that this is a self-catering apartment but expected a little more after reading the wonderful reviews noting fantastic customer service. I also want to mention that we did not have this experience anywhere else in Greece over a 10 day period. My husband and I are experienced travelers who have rented many apartments in many different countries over the years. As such, I can recognize "good customer service" when it is offered-and this was not the case.

Liked best: location
Liked least: customer service/management
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 Apr 2014
Dear Guests,

This is one of the most enjoyed homes seeing by our customers and it is unfortunate that confusion over the issues mentioned by you negatively affected the opinion of SoHo Athine. We have always been customer oriented self-catering apartment and we will continue toward the same line. All out team members have been available throughout the day/night during your stay. We have being responding to all your enquiries and calls very promptly and we are surprise to hear that you still have made calls on which we have not answered. Have you ever checked was that a right number you have called and was it the hang up experience due to that? I am sorry but we had had no such calls or emails. Everything was prearranged and in our booking confirmation email we have underlined that the deposit payment will be returned to you on your check out date not earlier. We keep the check-out arrangement close to the client’s departure time as with the experience of our team members the apartment can be checked very efficiently. All our guests, so far, found this very respectably from our side as their time has been respected too. As you mentioned, Lida was in both cases, on arrival and on departure, very accurate with the time and your deposit has been returned as agreed.

Regarding the grocery store we have sent a lot of information and links to you prior to your arrival so you could check the location of these Bio-products stores well in advance.This was not mentioned in your guest review. We,also,advised you to have some milk with you in your suitcase (not carry-on luggage) as these grocery stores may not be that close to the apartment so we were valued your time and respectively advised you so you would not spent all your time in finding the stores, within just three days of stay in Athens. So all our thoughts were with you and how to accommodate your stay even better.

Information Folder we provide in at the rental. We provide guests all the information they need within this Folder and it is updated. Your comments that it is a self-catering apartment do not actually emphasize that you have had complementary kitchen products as well as bath products, washing liquids tablets for both washing machine and dishwasher and that these small but important items are not very usual for self-catering apartments. By having them in we wanted to ensure that everything was there that would have made, even a short stay, very enjoyable. As part of our service we offered to you a pick up by a taxi(Mercedes Benz) from and to the airport, port or any other destination with very competitive prices and excellent service. However, you have expressed no interest in this service that would add a value to your time spent by coming with other transportation mode.

At the end we would like to thank you for staying with us. Previous guests have found the apartment as convenient, excellent, Lived up to the expectation and Lived as Athenians.

This is a wonderful home and we want to make sure your vacation experience is uninhibited. If you have any further questions please contact us and we will be happy to address your questions.

Warmly,
The Athens Team

SoHoAtine- -An Authentic Design Apartment
Live like Athenians, stay with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing