All reviewsrooftop barmetro stationcity viewnice hotelbreakfast buffet isspecial thanksswimming poolspacious roomreception staffspent nightsa wonderful stayenjoyed my staymini barexcellent viewstar hotelshort stayroof garden
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Had to move room as originally we'd been given a room with a connecting door. The noise from the family with young children was so loud it was if they were in the room with us. Changed to a new room which is quite small and where the wi-fi doesn't work. Not overly impressed. The staff are very polite and courteous, it is a shame the facilities don't match the courtesy of the staff.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
WyndhamGrandAthens, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Vancent,
Thank you for staying at Wyndham Grand Athens and for taking your time to rate your experience with us.
We are sorry to read that your experience with the wifi was below your expectations.
On the other hand, it is worrying to hear that you mentioned you had issues with the wifi connections. We have a large network of wireless routers and boosters which cover every area of the rooms and the hotel itself. We require this network for all of our guests traveling on business as it is an absolute necessity for them.
We hope that despite the inconveniences we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay. The great staff go out of their way to cater for your needs. Rooms are well laid out. Food is good and cocktails fun with wonderful views from the terrace - perfect. Near metro too for your own travelling

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
WyndhamGrandAthens, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay at Wyndham Grand Athens and for giving us such a high rating!
We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can thus we are happy that we met your expectations.
Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This was our first stay at a Wyndham hotel and based on this experience it won't be our last.

The hotel is brand new and fitted out to a very high standard. We stayed in a suite and it was very spacious with great amenities. The beds were comfortable, even the pull out sofa bed.

The staff were fabulous and could not have been more friendly or welcoming.

The breakfast was very high quality with a good selection of food to choose from.

The one slight downside as other reviewers have pointed out is that the neighbourhood is not the best. This is really no issue though as an uber to downtown takes about 5 minutes and costs about €4. I'm so glad we stayed here instead of paying the premium for a more centrally located hotel.

All in all a wonderful stay and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Dan,
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for mentioning our hotel to other travelers through TripAdvisor.
We are sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.
As far as our location is concerned, Metaxourgeio may be one of the old neighborhoods of Athens but during the last years has been reconstructed and evolved into one of the most developing districts of Athens with excellent bars, awarded restaurants, one of them being Funky Gourmet which is one of the best restaurants in Athens awarded with 2 Michelin stars and several theaters such as the National Theatre.
Despite this, we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Group of 12 ladies who really enjoyed our stay. Lovely hotel with fantastic staff. Very good location by metro for all the sites and airport. Great pool bar with fantastic Acropolis views, breakfast and facilities a bonus. Pool very cold in May, but the sunshine warmed you up quickly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
WyndhamGrandAthens, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.
We are glad that you were pleased with our convenient location, as well as with our breakfast buffet and rooftop facilities.
Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I never stayed in a hotel with such a bad service like in Wyndham Grand Athens. The staff at the reception are so unpolied and disinterested. The concierge Team was very nice and always helpful, they always had a smile on the face and tried to help us as much as possible. But I never experienced such a bad check in. The check in was literally 2 min. Not one question, not a map, nothing about a hotel, just no conversation. Furthermore we asked about restaurants and places to go in the evening. As soon as we asked more than 2 questions, they were so annoyed, the staff at the reception looked at each other annoyed and gave us the feeling that we are not welcome at all.
The highlight was the check out. I never met such a unfriendly receptionist ever. Stefania was so unpolied and unrespectful towards us. After check out we wanted to go to the pool. And since we were staying for just 3 nights, we just had a handluggage / handbag with us. And I needed to change in the spa. I asked a porter kindly to help me with my handbag, since I had books inside and my laptop, it was heavy. I was just standing at the reception. Stefania behind the desk, and the porter came to the reception to help me with the bag. Then she talked to him in greek, and the porter had to tell me that it is not allowed to have luggage on the rooftop. I was very confuse, because obviously Stefania just told him, infront of me, while I was just standing between them. She could have talk to me directly as well. Then I told them both that it is just a handbag, and not a huge luggage, and that i have my books inside and my laptop. And also that I need to change my clothes. Then Stefania started to talk in greek again, again just to the porter. I was so confused then... because she didnt pay any attention to me, because obviously she didnt want to talk to me, even if her english is way better than the porters. Then the porter again told me that it is not possible, after Stefania told him again in greek. I felt like I was in a kindergarden. By the way, this continue another 2 times. After I told them, that I will carry the heavy handbag by myself, the porter changed his mind and helped me then.

If this wasnt enough.... I forgot my small apple headphones in the room. We checked out at 4 pm, But we left the hotel at 7:30 pm. The staff knew that we were still on the rooftop. After I arrrived at the airport at 8 pm, I realized that i forgot my headphones. I wrote the reception a message, if they found them, and they replied with yes. I was thinking, Why it took so long for them to contact me?
Anyway, that could happened anyone, maybe the cleaning lady wasnt in the room yet.
But the service afterwards was so bad! After they wrote me that the headphones was phoned, I sent them my address. Then they wanted to charge me 25€ for the shipping. I am sorry, but is that not ridiculous? I live in germany, even if you sent the headphones with a normal package size the maximum price for example with dhl is 7€. But I wrote them that they can put my heaphones in an normak envelope, a small one, and just sent it with a tracking number to berlin. Which will cost maximum 4€ . Because its just a normal envelope. Since I wrote them this message, aroung 5 days ago, I didnt get any reply. Thanks for the service!
I wouldnt recommend anyone this hotel. The pool will be overload during summer anyway. The pool was the only reason I choosed this hotel. Its not even in the centre. There are so many other hotels with super nice staff and people, greek people are in general so so nice! But the staff at the reception here just ruin my holiday.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lhlhlhl

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay.
We regret to see that you were not satisfied with your stay and we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused for you.
We hate to hear stories where people leave Wyndham Grand Athens feeling disappointed, especially when the problem relies on our staff. Our employees undergo a lot of training on improving customer service, but if you feel disappointed that is simply not acceptable.
All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We ensured your feedback were given to all the concerned staff.
Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Athens.