“I had to return as I knew how fabulous it would...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Valley View

Welcome to Valley View - the start of a wonderful holiday. The steps lead down to the front door.
Steps leading down from parking area to front door The light and welcoming entrance hallway and front door - the bedrooms are off to the left.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Steps leading down from parking area to front door
The large and comfortable lounge/diner with large screen TV, DVDs and games for those wet days.
The lounge / diner looking towards the door to the conservatory - the TV is to the right.
The attractive well supplied kitchen from the hallway looking towards the door to the conservatory.
The well appointed kitchen viewed from the door to the conservatory.
The master bedroom looking towards the patio door to the decking - hear the birds in the morning!
Another view of the master bedroom showing the corner shower and small TV
The attractive twin bedroom which is located off the hall between the two double bedrooms.
The second double bedroom with patio door out to the decking
The recently refurbished bathroom with over bath shower, basin and toilet.
The warm and airy conservatory - perfect for breakfast /tea /relaxing if you can't sit outside.
The sun trap decking - perfect for outdoor dining or just relaxing with a glass of wine.
The decking area looking towards the conservatory with the views over the valley to the right.
The lower garden courtyard area accessed via steps.
The centre of the village with the Castle Hotel and sea front seating.
The outside eating area at the St Brides Hotel in the village centre.
Boats at the top of Little Haven beach with the Swan bistro behind.
The beautiful sands at low tide leading from Little Haven to Broad Haven.
The wonderful sands at Broad Haven with Stack Rock in the distance.
Evening view over St Brides Bay from cliffs between Little Haven and Broad Haven.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sue W
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I had to return as I knew how fabulous it would be - and I was right.”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This holiday home is the most beautiful I have been to. It is situated in a lovely welsh village and was ideal for me and a friend to walk the famous Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.We were lucky to have sunshine and more sunshine and then to arrive back to Valley View for relaxation. Feeding the birds, looking over the valley, walking down Strawberry Hill to the local pub and planning the next walk. We intend to make it a regular yearly get together. Thank you to the owner, David.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
6 May 2017
Thank you so much for this warm review. It was a delight to have you both as guests at Valley View again and it was great that we had a chance to meet this time. I know that there was a special reason for your visit so I am delighted that the holiday was a success for you and that Valley View provided you with the base that you wanted and you were not disappointed. I look forward to your next visit with pleasure.
adrianyou...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Our stay in Valley View”
Reviewed 29 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Wonderful accommodation. Very peaceful location. Few minutes walk from beautiful beach and coast. Highly recommended! We will definitely be returning.

1 May 2017
Thank you for your warm review. It was good to meet you when you arrived and to see that the property was going to be in good and caring hands. Thank you for being model guests and for leaving the property in a clean and tidy state - it is much appreciated. You will be welcome back at any time and I look forward to welcoming you as guests again.
Steve T
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Valley View - wow”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We've just returned from a fabulous week at Valley View in Little Haven. It's our second stay and won't be our last for sure. The accommodation was fantastic last time and even better this time benefitting from significant investment from the owners adding to a very relaxing comfortable and well equipped place to stay. We could not ask for a nicer place to stay. We benefitted from great weather and made the most of exploring the very beautiful and peaceful surrounding area during the sunny days, and were welcomed in the lovely local pubs on the evenings. We were treated to visits from a cock pheasant and many other birds on the bird table outside our bedroom window every morning which added to the tranquility of the place. It's a fantastic place that we highly recommend to you

11 Apr 2017
Thank you for your warm and positive review. It is so rewarding to know that my efforts to provide a special base for my first time and returning guests are proving successful and are being recognised. My aim is to exceed guests' expectations and I will continue to try to achieve this. Thank you for leaving the property in such a clean and tidy condition - it makes such a difference to my ability to prepare the cottage for the next guests.
deb3sc
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
“2nd visit”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Just got home from a 3 night stay at Valley View. We previously stayed here 2 years ago and it was just as great as the last time. It's a beautiful cottage in a stunning location. It's very welcoming and lots of nice personal touches. It's very comfortable and it's a home from home. There are 3 lovely pubs by the beach and beautiful walks to take. If you are visiting Little Haven, I would definitely recommend Valley View.

15 Mar 2017
Thank you so much for your warm and positive review. It is a pleasure to welcome returning guests who express their appreciation of what I try to provide to make their stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. It helps me to remember why I do it!
Thank you for leaving the cottage clean and tidy - it makes such a difference. You will be welcome back any time and I look forward to your third visit!
bookitdan...
West Yorkshire England
“Excellent???? We didn't think so!”
Reviewed 23 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Location was nice in lovely Little Haven.

However,we were there for Christmas week and were so disappointed at the level of cleanliness at the property.

Needs a complete refurb and deep clean.

No heating in bedrooms etc etc.

Photos available.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
30 Jan 2017
I spent two full days preparing the cottage for these guests' arrival, scrubbing and polishing from top to bottom, putting up decorations including a tree, wrapping Christmas presents for them, and providing them with a bottle of wine and fresh flowers in every room. I went over the day after their arrival to resolve a temporary problem with the WiFi and I asked them both if all was well and if there were any problems. They both said independently that all was good and there were no issues.
I was therefore shocked to find a note containing complaints of dirtiness after their departure. If they had found the property to be dirty when they arrived why did they not mention it when I called over? They subsequently sent me photographs that they claimed were evidence to support their statements. However, they clearly did not realise that photos contain information on the date and time shot, and, on investigation, I discovered that they were taken not on their arrival but shortly before they left and after they and their 3 dogs had had the run of the place for a week. Contrary to the House Rules clearly set out in the Welcome Pack the dogs had been allowed into the bedrooms as evidenced by muddy paw prints and dog hair.
By email, the guests subsequently added complaints of cat smell in the property and non-operational heating in the bedrooms. I assured them that there has not been a cat in the 15 years that I have owned it as my partner is highly allergic to them, but they practically accused me of lying! The heating in the bedrooms had been switched off by previous guests as it was too warm and the method of switching it back on was described in the detailed Welcome Pack which these Christmas guests clearly never read. It later came to light that they had thrown it out with the rubbish so I had to prepare a complete new pack for the next visitors.

The guests who preceded and followed the Christmas guests left me very warm and positive reviews with no complaints following their stays. This is the first time that I have had such complaints as is evidenced by my 100% 5 star review rating and it has left me very upset and wondering why I bother. I now wish I had never accepted their booking.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing