“Amazing excursion to Phang Nga Bay!”
Review of Simba Sea Trips

Simba Sea Trips
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Koh Kaew
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Simba Sea Trips is a family run company that offers group tours and private charters to the Phi Phi Islands and Phang Nga Bay, and just recently we have an amazing new ground based tour to Khao Sok National Park. We limit numbers to just 16, the smallest group tours in Phuket!!! Leave early and beat the crowds.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My boyfriend and I recently did a day-trip excursion to Phang Na Bay with Simba, and we cannot recommend this company and tour highly enough!! The entire day was seamless and this was by far our favorite excursion/experience in Phuket. To start off the day, Simba arranged for a private car pick-up at our hotel because we were staying in a more remote area in Phuket (we had to pay extra for this, but it was worth it). When we arrived at Simba’s offices, we were greeted by Harry, our excellent tour guide. He checked us in and invited us to have some breakfast – a delicious assortment of authentic Thai snacks, yogurts, coffee and juices. We ate our breakfast out on the pier and then Harry called us into the Simba office so that we could review the day’s itinerary. Harry was very thorough and straight-forward, giving us a clear rundown of the day, how long we would spend at each activity, meals, etc. He spoke excellent English, as well, which was very helpful. It was a 40-minute boat ride to our first stop of cave exploring (water was a little choppy, I recommend taking a Dramamine with you just in case). I also recommend water shoes, though they are not necessary. Harry was an excellent guide and clearly knew a lot about the cave areas we were exploring. I felt very safe with him guiding us. We then took the boat to another spot a few minutes away for canoeing (beautiful scenery), then swimming, and then to James Bond Island to explore. To get to lunch, we docked the boat and took an open-air truck through a small Muslim village – Harry taught us a lot about the village and its inhabitants. We had a delicious lunch at a cute restaurant, and then got back on the boat for some beach time. Simba provided fresh snacks (banana bread, fresh fruit, spring rolls) and unlimited water on the boat throughout the day. And because Simba caps attendance at 16 people, the boat felt very spacious and not cramped at all. I’m very particular and even I can’t find something to complain about! We ended up going to the Phi Phi Islands another day with a different tour company because Simba was booked, and it was definitely not as good. Do Simba if you can! And if you’re deciding between two islands to visit for a day-tour, we felt Phang Na was hands down more fun and interesting than Phi Phi.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,537)
All reviews
in 68 reviews
"morning tea"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Woody and his team are superb. Worth every penny, not crowded, got everywhere before the crowds... well executed tour - I’d recommend in a heartbeat. My only gripe were the shale beaches that we went to.. this could have been better

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a blast on both tips (Phang NGA and Phi Phi Islands). We were always one step ahead of the other tours so we beat the rush. Guides and helpers were excellent and a lot of fun and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I can't say enough about this company! They were punctual, communicative, accommodating and fun to hang out with! We splurged and got a private charter (there were 6 of us) and are so glad we did. Our tour guide was informative, easy to understand and a great picture taker. (Thanks, M!) Thanks, Simba, for such a memorable and absolutely picture-perfect day! :)