Our group, 4 couples of longtime friends, have travelled together many times. Villa Sea Glass proved the perfect setting for a brilliant vacation. We are all TripAdvisor users, and still managed to book this villa even though no reviews had been posted. We were so pleased that the villa more than lived up to the professional pictures posted.
We arranged transportation from the airport through the Villa's management company and the driver was waiting for us near baggage claim. Upon arrival at Sea Glass we were greeted by a member of the property management staff for a quick tour. Chilled wine, cold beer and a snack were part of the welcome. We had secured two cars to be delivered to the villa, and both cars were in the driveway. The car rental agent was on-site to take care of the paperwork, which included a temporary Antiguan driver's license ($20 US). A quick 5 minute drive to the Epicurian Market for provisions and we were all set. Arrival could not have been smoother!
Leading up to our trip, we found the owner, Stephanie, to be extremely attentive. Our questions were always answered immediately. Having rented many vacation homes, Stephanie provides a level of service that is rarely encountered.
Here is my list of PRO's and CON's for the property:
- The location is ideal. Minutes from great beaches, restaurants and amenities. The view is
- Everything in the villa is high quality. In particular, everyone in our group was thrilled with the
quality of the beds. There was no shortage of anything.
- Abundance of well maintained outdoor space. Stargazing at night was spectacular.
- Water pressure was poor. In two bedrooms it was insufficient for showering. The only real
downer we encountered all week.
- Only the bedrooms, not the bathrooms, are air conditioned. The A/C units do a fine job
knocking down the humidity, but don't expect to be chilly. One of the 4 bedrooms was a
- if you or your travel companions have difficulty with stairs or steep grades, this is not the
villa for you.
Villa Sea Glass is a high end property that is clearly owned by someone that cares about her guests' experience. We all felt we rented a fabulous home and not just an investment property. I have added a photo that illustrates the entrance to the gorgeous 4th bedroom. The 4th bedroom is not accessible through the main house.
The villa a terrific!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|