“Welcoming and hospitably”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Crane Mist

Ginger Bay other side of Crane Beach. take a leisurely stroll just three minutes away
'Crane Mist'  Apartments Another beautiful morning in Barbados.Watch the sunrise from any one of our beaches .
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
'Crane Mist'  Apartments
View from bedroom of entrance to Crane Beach.
Fabulous 'Crane Beach'. You can enjoy Sea bathing, Sunbathing or surfing.Secured area.
Beautiful blue sea of Crane Beach.
Catch a glimpse  of the azul ocean on the  breezy patio
Patio where you can overlook great houses and ornate chattel houses of the surrounding countryside
Monkeys on patrol mostly in the morning occasionally you seen them all day.Playful but no petting
Attractive,spacious Kitchen well equipped  with all modern amenities. Laundry room behind kitchen
Dining area, comfortable seating and beautiful view of countryside as you enjoy dining.
View of living room, relax and enjoy a television  program or watch your favorite DVDs
Spacious open design  of living room to kitchen. Beautiful tropical pictures decorating the walls.
Comfortable queen size bed
Another view of Bedroom no 1
Spacious Bathroom
Bedroom no.2  look through the window and enjoy the beautiful flowering plants and entrance to beach
Another view of Bedroom
Your host Michael and Andria.   Andria is an experience tour guide for our beautiful island.    .
'Cutters' Deli And sandwich Bar.
Cooling out at Crane Beach.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Germany
“Welcoming and hospitably”
Reviewed 12 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Michael and Andria helped us from the beginning to the end to feel home and comfortable.
The apartment was very nice and spacious, even to live there without a car...in case a car is needed this nice couple take care of it as soon as you want.

thank you very much Michael and Andria!

Your age range 65+
23 Mar 2015
Thanks for your review we recommend you as wonderful guest. You are more than welcome to stay with us again.
Michael & Andria
Faithwisd...
London, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014

With a lovely home, conducive atmosphere that's next to the beach (Crane beach), what more could you ask for?

With an air condition unit fitted, we really didn't find the need to put it on because the entire house was well ventilated with lots of windows. We were overwhelmed with the amount of quality and refreshing air flowing all through the apartment 24/7.

Michael and Andria did their utmost best to provide everything thing we needed and even went the extra mile to provide comfort.

They even took time out of their busy schedule to pick us up from the airport when we arrived - they also took us with our luggages back to the airport when we departed.

They also provided us a mobile phone to use and always checked up on us to to see whether we needed anything.

They treated us like a family, we ever so grateful to them. And we continue to pray for them that the good Lord will continue to bless them with good health to enjoy the fruit of their labour.

Our stay at the holiday apartment was peaceful and comfortable one. Will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a holiday apartment in Barbados.

<a href="http://www.godwinsremovals.co.uk/">
Godwin</a>

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The way and manner the owners received us
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
15 Aug 2014
Thanks for your Review. we will be happy to have you as our guest again, you were like family.
Michael & Andria.
Nathaniel...
“Rationing the use of the air conditioning,plus thousands of ANTS in the apartment,particularly the kitchen.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

For the first week of my stay (I arrived on the 23rd May and fly out on 10th June) all seemed well, apart from the Caribbean Crazy Ants in the apartment kitchen.I managed to control their encroachment into the living area by buying my own Insecticide from a local shop,and asking the advice of locals as to what they were, finally identifying them by an insect identification site on the internet. I had them under control using the air con to cool the apartment as best I could , and periodically spraying toxic chemicals around my living space- not conducive to a pleasant holiday experience. On returning from their ,presumably quite costly trip to Dominica,Michael and Andria, wasted no time in informing me that I had to ration my use of the air conditioning as it would accrue on their electricity bill and they were unwilling to pay for it. Being a man from the UK with slight sunburn the necessity of keeping cool in the apartment one had rented was paramount, yet their suggestion that I open the windows to ventilate the place instead was a pathetically ridiculous idea, largely because the air outside is warmer than the air conditioned air, and also after three minutes with a single door or window open the place was crawling with literally hundreds if not thousands of ants, which required the spraying of insecticide, which necessitated the removal of oneself from the apartment one had paid up front in cash for,for several hours , unless one wished to suffocate in toxic chemicals, the alternative being letting the ants proliferate and eventually bite one in great numbers causing much physical discomfort. After a week or so of this harassment it came to a head with Andria nearly knocking the back door off it's hinges in an attempt to gain entry to the apartment in order to tell me that if I didn't turn off the air conditioning I would have to pay their electricity bill. It was at that point I decided to relocate for my final four nights to the Crane Hotel which is infinitely preferable, if slightly expensive. It is now Sat7thJune and I am writing this review in the comfort of my Crane Hotel suite, and I am SOOO glad I am out of that dreadful apartment and away from those people.Also the cleaner was supposed to come once weekly on Thursdays, and she did a wonderful job on the first Thursday, only for me to be told by Andria in the second week that she would not be coming.The implication being that I had used the air conditioning too much and they would have to re appropriate the cleaners wages to the electricity bill. I strongly urge them to stipulate in advance that the tenant is NOT ALLOWED to use the air conditioning as and when they see fit , even if the apartment has been paid for up front in cash($ 1422 US was paid by myself to their son in law Ryan who picked me up from the airport on my arrival on the 23rdMay.) Even though I have moved for my final few days to the Hotel , after tiring of the incessant harassment regarding the air conditioning, I do not realistically expect them to refund me for my final four nights as the likelihood of them giving me any of this money back seems non existent, I suggest that they are to some extent cynical exploiters of honest paying holidaymakers, and I would strongly urge anyone considering staying at this apartment to think again and pay the little extra for a reputable hotel.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to Crane beach and Crane beach resort.
Liked least: Infestation of minute biting insects which I had to deal with myself,and being told I had to sit in stifling heat as they were unwilling to foot the bill for the electricity.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
15 Aug 2014
Firstly thanks for your review.
it is also good to hear that your first 15 days was fantastic with your deep sea fishing,visits to all sides of the island and the rental of the scooter and the great time at Crane beach, cutters and crane resort.
we are sorry about the Rolly Poly or [Pill bug] kids keep as pets in England. They are quiet harmless they appear and disappear just as quick.
We did not Ration the A/C. but reminded you that it is costly to leave 2 units running all day as you go deep sea fishing of surfing. you left us with an ELECTRIC bill higher than all the other guest for 6 months. we are happy to hear you arrive home safely. and that you had a fantastic time in Barbados at THE CRANE.
Peter S
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Holidays !”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Michael and Andria were such a nice hosts and made sure we had everything we need. Apartment is nice for the price and comes with everything you might need. 3 minutes walk to the beach ,easy public transport access - very good value for the price.

Travelling group: Friends
20 Feb 2016
Thanks Peter for your honest review .
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself so well.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Michael.
PeggyJay
Inuvik, Canada
“Great apartment, Great people, Great location”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Crane Mist for a week. What a great stay! Although Michael and Andria made sure we had our privacy, we welcomed their checking on us to make sure we were okay and certainly enjoyed our chats. By the end if the week, we thought of them as friends! We didn't want to leave.
Michael came to get us from the West Coast (where we stayed for the first week) and settled us in, including a tour of the area and shopping at a mega supermarket. We became very savvy with the bus system, visiting Bathsheba, Miami Beach, Oistins, Accra Beach. Most of all, we enjoyed the proximity to Crane Beach and Ginger Bay. The neighbourhood was safe.
The apartment was spacious for the two of us. We fell asleep to the cooling winds and didn't worry about using the air con. It was very clean, hot water available for showers, etc. It felt like home. We felt like travellers and not tourists.
Thank you Michael and Andria. We will keep in touch! Good chance that we will return!
Peggy and John

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Caring people who wanted to make sure you have a good time in Barbados.
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
20 Feb 2016
Thanks Peggy and John,
You were the best to have as guest. You kept the the apartment as your own home we will welcome you back with open arms.
Michael & Andria.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing