“Great food, awesome atmosphere”
Review of Spice

Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at Spice! The food was absolutely delicious, I had an awesome prawn curry which was an authentic Durban style curry. We went in the evening so Perhaps didn’t get to see as much of the view as we would’ve liked . Still a fab dinner !

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Spice Restaurant it’s special from the entrance! The service it’s super, the waitress are well training and they helpful in a menu suggestions. We were very different in our foods test, but they make all of us happy. The grill King’s Makarel was divine, very simple test like us, Italians, like it. The Curry Prawns was the best never had in my life! It’s was delicious, served with tipical indian bread and different souces i really enjoined! The atmosphere was smart/casual, friendly and we didn’t want go away after dinner! Thanks Spice!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My second visit here, however my first review for the restaurant.
Positives first.
Staff made an extra effort to give my parents a little token for their anniversary, which I felt was very thoughtful.
Innovative combinations of ingredients and spices.
Menu has a decent selection, so you could revisit and always find something new.
Staff were very friendly.
Most of the meats ordered were cooked close to perfection.
I find the location perfect, as they offer a very different menu compared to restaurants in the Neighbouring town of Ballito.
We were not happy with one of our main meals, and it was left more than half eaten, although we didn’t complain, the manager removed the item from our final bill, without us even complaining.
Negatives
The place has a musty smell
Lightning at the tables is very low so hard to read menus
The special of the day was linefish, at R200, I felt this was a little overpriced.
Portion sizes for the fish were massive.
I still loved the flavor combinations here and will definitely consider coming back, maybe during the day to appreciate the views and sample the lunch menu

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent light lunch of homemade fish cakes served with fresh beetroot and salad... delicious....
Excellent service and owners out and about on the terrace looking after their guests...... choice of light lunch or choice from main menu .... masters of flavors !!!
Thoroughly enjoyable on a beautiful day !!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere with fantastic food. The chicken breast stuffed with prawns was amazing. Very flavorsome. Highly recommended. The kids spaghetti bolgnaise was great. The lamb curry tasty. And to end off a very delicious coffee creme brulee.