“A little above Average ”
Review of Spice

Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My second visit here, however my first review for the restaurant.
Positives first.
Staff made an extra effort to give my parents a little token for their anniversary, which I felt was very thoughtful.
Innovative combinations of ingredients and spices.
Menu has a decent selection, so you could revisit and always find something new.
Staff were very friendly.
Most of the meats ordered were cooked close to perfection.
I find the location perfect, as they offer a very different menu compared to restaurants in the Neighbouring town of Ballito.
We were not happy with one of our main meals, and it was left more than half eaten, although we didn’t complain, the manager removed the item from our final bill, without us even complaining.
Negatives
The place has a musty smell
Lightning at the tables is very low so hard to read menus
The special of the day was linefish, at R200, I felt this was a little overpriced.
Portion sizes for the fish were massive.
I still loved the flavor combinations here and will definitely consider coming back, maybe during the day to appreciate the views and sample the lunch menu

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent light lunch of homemade fish cakes served with fresh beetroot and salad... delicious....
Excellent service and owners out and about on the terrace looking after their guests...... choice of light lunch or choice from main menu .... masters of flavors !!!
Thoroughly enjoyable on a beautiful day !!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere with fantastic food. The chicken breast stuffed with prawns was amazing. Very flavorsome. Highly recommended. The kids spaghetti bolgnaise was great. The lamb curry tasty. And to end off a very delicious coffee creme brulee.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I dont know what the previous reviewer is on about.

Absolutely nothing about this place is dissapointing.

This is the New Age generation of Cheers, never before have i been to a place that the staff are friendlier and the service is better.

When you walk in the front door and are greeted by your name that is service.

Im sorry that the previous reviewer "Mespey" seemed to think that they could pitch up at a high class restaurant without a booking as if they were making their way through the local KFC Drive through.
Mespey perhaps in the future make a booking for a 5 star restaurant, would like to see walk into Gordon Ramsey restaurant without a booking and complain how dare they find them a table.

Cocktails at 11am on a sunday? Sound more like perhaps you need a rehabilitation centre than a cockatil on 11am on a SUNDAY??

We regularly go this place and spend an exoberant amount of money which i would not want to spend anywhere else.

1 bad review and 1000 good ones does not a brilliant restaurant make.

A greater passion for food you will not find.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed a good meal here before.

When we arrived very early we were told no table. We said can you squeeze us in as we are early and will be gone early. She said no then I said is this table booked - she said no. I said can we have it???!!!

Later people came with no bookings and were given tables. Not ok!!

We had ordered and she came back and said I need to tell you about the specials!! Too late.

The owner manager was lovely giving my husband a cocktail they weren’t serving on Sunday!!!!!!!

Starters were ok. Prawns with sweet chilli sauce- sweet chilli sauce. Lazy . Real chilli please.
Fish cakes lovely.

Mains were very very disappointing . Tamarind fish curry was seriously awful . Tamarind sooooooo strong and so sweet could not even eat the fish.
Was horrible.

Husbands duck salad was overcooked veg and way tooo much soy sauce.

He ate the lovely duck and left the rest.

Not a good enough meal at all.

Sadly recommend you don’t go there if you like consistently good food and service.