“Amazing”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I dont know what the previous reviewer is on about.

Absolutely nothing about this place is dissapointing.

This is the New Age generation of Cheers, never before have i been to a place that the staff are friendlier and the service is better.

When you walk in the front door and are greeted by your name that is service.

Im sorry that the previous reviewer "Mespey" seemed to think that they could pitch up at a high class restaurant without a booking as if they were making their way through the local KFC Drive through.
Mespey perhaps in the future make a booking for a 5 star restaurant, would like to see walk into Gordon Ramsey restaurant without a booking and complain how dare they find them a table.

Cocktails at 11am on a sunday? Sound more like perhaps you need a rehabilitation centre than a cockatil on 11am on a SUNDAY??

We regularly go this place and spend an exoberant amount of money which i would not want to spend anywhere else.

1 bad review and 1000 good ones does not a brilliant restaurant make.

A greater passion for food you will not find.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed a good meal here before.

When we arrived very early we were told no table. We said can you squeeze us in as we are early and will be gone early. She said no then I said is this table booked - she said no. I said can we have it???!!!

Later people came with no bookings and were given tables. Not ok!!

We had ordered and she came back and said I need to tell you about the specials!! Too late.

The owner manager was lovely giving my husband a cocktail they weren’t serving on Sunday!!!!!!!

Starters were ok. Prawns with sweet chilli sauce- sweet chilli sauce. Lazy . Real chilli please.
Fish cakes lovely.

Mains were very very disappointing . Tamarind fish curry was seriously awful . Tamarind sooooooo strong and so sweet could not even eat the fish.
Was horrible.

Husbands duck salad was overcooked veg and way tooo much soy sauce.

He ate the lovely duck and left the rest.

Not a good enough meal at all.

Sadly recommend you don’t go there if you like consistently good food and service.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Thank you to Linda and Russel for the amazing food!!
We had Barracuda and the Duck. The flavours and love comes through in every mouth full. The coffee crème brulee just finished off the meal from heaven. The service was outstanding with the staff anticipating your every need without being on top of you. Still the best in Durban after nearly 20 years.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The restaurant scene in and around Durban is poor, let's face it. Just look at the TripAdvisor Top 10 and your heart sinks. So it is with great pleasure that I can report a standout, a winner. Who cares that's it's a bit of a drive to Tongaat when the food is this good. It's quite hard to make a good fish curry. Indian spices overpower the delicate fish. And if you merely lob the fish into a cauldron of sauce it will either disintegrate or if its hard like Mahi Mahi it will turn out to be a stringy cube. This was the best Indian fish curry I've ever had (although I still think a delicate Thai fish curry is better). And my wife had a very good prawn curry and my sister in law a sensational Balti chicken breast stuffed with prawns. Proper ambition, proper execution. Thank goodness I've found you.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I had lunch here recently with friends and both the food and the view were absolutely stunning. We sat on the terrace overlooking the Indian Ocean, the weather was great and the food even better. I had the duck with drunken oranges and the skin was so crispy and the whole dish just incredibly tasty. The other four people in our group all had different dishes ranging from curry to seafood and everyone raved about the food. The creme brûlée was so light, amazing. I will definitely return with friends, I cannot recommend it highly enough.