“authentic seyechelle”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lighthouse65

Two bedroom house with extended decking
New decking From the living area and decking
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
New decking
From the living area and decking
2 bedroom house
The house from the entrance , plenty of outdoor sitting
bathroom , shower & bath
Inside the house
Beach near Lighthouse65( Aux Cap)
outdoor shower (new added features )
Entrance to the house (just upgraded)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ulrike M
Reutlingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“authentic seyechelle”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We arrived at xmas morning from Germany. Judy picked us up and asked us to celebrate xmas evening together with the other travelleres living in same house. WE (my son and his girlfriend 25y and me 57years)spend a very nice evening- everyone brought something to eat and we did barbecoue with chicken, duck and fish wine and beer,....very nice. Judy's house is situatated near a village so we felt familiar to seychelle daily live. just 2 minutes from our house there is a small Supermarket, running by Indians, with all necessary Things you Need for cooking, trinking,washing-just perfect. And they are also willing to Change Money into rupia. Judy showed up every day and gave us value proposals for Sightseeing.we have seen most of the Islands hightlights, beaches etc. with the local bus- no Problem.the flat is simple, comfortable and for exerienced travellers perfect. there might be some insects/flys outside in the evening,normal as allover the world in Tropical places. the beach nearby is just a 5 minutes walk... no tourists , just locals- the real Seychelle live...we enjoyed it a lot.

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
10 Jan 2017
Thank ultimate and family . It was really a great pleasure to have you guys as guests , somehow we were more like family . We discuss a lot and share experiences especially with the young ones. It was an enriching experience. Big thank you once again
Regards
Judy
genegenie...
George, South Africa
“the photos are very misleading”
Reviewed 26 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I arrived with my partner and could not believe this was the same place as advertised. I have never been so upset or disappointed in using and trusting trip advisor before. Even now as I write this I wonder if I was at the same accommodation as everyone else as I just don't recognise the majority of photos posted, compare them with mine! The accommodation was scruffy and tired and certainly way below the standard I would have expected, I have stayed in many backpackers , camp sites, and budget accommodation over the years so please don't think I am whingeing and expected three star accommodation. The self catering accommodation comprised a sitting room, a kitchen, 2 bedrooms of which we rented one and a communal shower room. the wifi did not work. there was no hot water connected to the bathroom sink, the loo did not flush, there were holes in the shower room walls which had been patched up and stuffed with plastic bags. there was a curtain rail suspended by a chain over the shower minus a shower curtain. the electric shower only managed to produce tepid water.
the bedroom was a mish mash of badly painted walls in the most unappealing shade of dirty citron,cream,and a dull red painted door, white painted wardrobes which had seen better days and were full of dents and chips and supplied with one hangar. there was a border of wallpaper attached to 2 walls at floor level badly applied and peeling away. a shelf covered in the same wallpaper with a bombay sapphire gin bottle used as a vase to contain the fake flowers. the sitting room was also an interior designers worst nightmare walls of dark wood, red paint, light wood complimented by dark brown outdoor plastic furniture with fabric draped over the seats and coffee table. the kitchen was poor the base cupboards were just used to hide the damp and evil smelling walls. there were bare light bulbs dangling from the ceilings throughout. there was a building site outside the bedroom window and the place was located in the middle of nowhere quite a distance from the main road with a steep hill to climb; if you don't have a car you will be quite isolated. On the journey to and from the airport I did not see one restaurant or cafe just a handful of small scruffy shops.
For me this has been an expensive and disastrous experience/mistake
We arrived late evening on 25th november 2016 and I left early morning on 26th november 2016 and returned to my beautiful clean and comfortable house in South Africa.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: nothing
Liked least: everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Nov 2016
I am completely shock with what was written as a lot of these things are untrue , exaggerated which I would not comment on . The photos are not the same simply in color . Water heater is available and worker and toilet as well . 200m is far from the main road and is at the biggining of the mountain . No climbing is necessary.
Fatane F
Myggenas, Sweden
“Good locaition, near beautiful beaches”
Reviewed 21 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Judy's place is in good location, near to the airport and very cozy local beaches with kind neighbors. The place was clean but bathroom needs some renovation, beds were ok, wifi did not work for us and we bought for ourselves. Kitchen worked very well for us.
Judy is very nice and helpful person and picked up us at the airport and helped us to rent a car and baby seat for the car.
overall we are happy to rent this place.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
LillyJoeC...
Victoria, Canada
“Absolutely best host on Mahe' Island”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This rental is exceptional! If you wish to find a reasonably priced accommodation in Mahe' and excellent customer service this is it!
Judy, the owner, goes above and beyond to make sure as a guest you are well cared for.
The home is quite big and has 2 separate apartments. Queen size bed, nice living room with lots of Cable channels in French, English and even channels from China and Middle East. It rained the first 2 days I was there so I did turn on the TV :)
Other then that, the location is also perfect. Only 15 minutes from the airport and Judy offers free airport pick-up! A great bonus! As well, Au Cup, where the house is located, is only a few minutes by bus or car from Anse Royal ( to the South) and about 30 minutes from Victoria and the west coast. Even the beaches just down the street from the house are actually beautiful and peaceful. Last day I was there, I ended up discovering that and wish I knew that before!
Stay with Judy and you won't be disappointed! Her care for each guests is outstanding and your vacation will be perfect!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner is fantastic, very caring
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ruviwede
“Lovely Host, wonderful stay”
Reviewed 4 February 2015 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife and our 5 year old son stayed at he Lighthouse 65 this
November (2014). The property is in a quiet, safe and comfortable area
which makes it a great get away for any holiday seeker. Judy was an
exceptionally great host , who took her time to take us on a tour of
the island from Au Cap were we stayed to Takamaka, Port Glaude, Baie
Lazare, Victoria to name but a few. We really enjoyed our stay and
would love to go back there on our next visit to the island."

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Host
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing