“Amazing Hosts, Fantastic Location”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room with big windows to see Porto Living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View to Porto from the balcony
Living room with big windows to see Porto
Living room
Dining room
View of the river from the living room
Kitchen full equipped
Room with 2 beds bunk + balcony
2nd Balcony
WC
Laundry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Spanish first
Any
Karl D
“Amazing Hosts, Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

The hosts were fabulous and very accommodating. They responded quickly to my inquiries and I would happily rent from them again. We even left an item behind, and were promptly informed about it, allowing us to backtrack and pick it up. Amazing hosts!

The apartment location was amazing, and is probably the greatest feature. Only a few minutes walk from the port lodges on the south bank of the river, and a few minutes more to the historic center of Porto. The views from the apartment were also stunning.

The secure underground parking was great for those who are driving in to the city, and prevents any issues finding parking.

The apartment itself was also very good. Everything was clean and functional, and there were no major issues. Wi-fi was available and great (although on a EU band, not a NA band, so some devices might not see it). The only 2 minor issues are:

1) this is only 1.5 bathrooms (not 2), as only 1 bathroom had a shower/bathtub, so shower times work best if spread out across the day for larger groups; and;

2) only 1 set of key was provided, which is inconvenient if larger groups want to split up. I didn't inquire if another set of keys was available, as it wasn't a big concern for us, but something that you might want to ask about, and I think should be standard for a rental.

Overall, my group was extremely pleased with the rental, and would highly recommend it.

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
30 Oct 2017
Hi Karl,
Thanks for your review.
If I knew you needed another set of keys, i would lend mines to you.
Kind regards,
Miguel
diverherv...
hervey Bay
“Fantastic apartment, great host, excellent location.”
Reviewed 16 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Loved the location close to everything. I would not hesitate to recommend this apartment to any travellers.

Your age range 50-64
Sightseer...
“Awesome place very clean spacious great views over to Porto”
Reviewed 4 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Miguel was excellent picked us up from airport. Place was really spacious for 5 adults and so close to everything. An excellent host and an awesome place to stay

Dos M
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Porto”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Great place. Couldnt have aak for more. Close to everything. Downhill walk to Douro river and close to many restaurants

balimoon
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Tired and Dirty”
Reviewed 27 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

"I booked this apartment in February as a surprise for my husband, it transpires we had booked the weekend of the Air Race and I assume that's why the owner tried to cancel the booking some months later? He is an avid fan, we have no interest. We arrived early and dropped off to leave our bags at the apartment whilst the cleaners finished off from the previous booking and agreed to return at noon. When we arrived back there were four people in the apartment waiting for the owner whilst watching the races. We wanted to get settled in, but were made to feel awkward.

The apartment is in dire need of an update. It felt very tired, the photos do not show this. On closer inspection it's very dirty, it's clear that the cleaning is a surface clean only. The shower head is broke and you need it remove it to get any water over your body. The water runs brown each morning and takes a good 20 minutes to clear.

All dirt was clearly visible, I would hate to see behind or under the furniture, I didn't look.

We booked this apartment due it stating that it is in a quiet block! Most apartments face inwards with balconies, families/friends sat out partying until gone midnight for 3 nights, due to the design, the noise resonates. We couldn't open the window due to the noise and there was no air con in the rear bedroom. On the 2nd night we went to move to the front double room but the bed was tiny and the road noise even worse. This is NOT a quiet apartment at all.

The whole feeling was one of penny pinching, one pillow each with no further covers, I went on the hunt for additional clean pillows, they all need replacing, either lumpy or stained yellow. The towels were tiny, I have tea towels bigger than the bath towels they gave us.

I raised all of these complaints with the owner, showed him the pictures of dirt and quite frankly he didn't care. He told me the dirt wouldn't be a problem for him as it is "detail". He seems happy about the noise but only so he could use this to play a tit for tat game as the residents usually complain about the noise from his apartment. The brown water, yes it happens, it must be maintenance. Didn't apologise once and seemed far more interested in himself and his super sports car.

We were only 2 adults and the apartment was spacious but there is only a very small two seater sofa, I wouldn't have wanted to share with more than two more (small) people.

I will finally add that the view is amazing, we had gorgeous weather and were able to sit out and enjoy it but unfortunately all the other issues did not compensate.

Photos to follow.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Sep 2017
This comment is misplaced. Therefore please correct this because it can mislead other guests.
And because the majority of our reviews are 5 star, we demand an prompt correction of this serious mistake.
Thanks in advance!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing