“Best Japanese food in Porto! ”

Shiko - Tasca Japonesa
Ranked #130 of 2,113 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: Casual restaurant remembering Japanese taverns. Small and cozy. Booking is advisable. Please contact us first to confirm tables'availability and if we are not on any closure period. Thanks for your understanding. Looking forward to welcoming you soon in SHIKO!
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent authentic Japanese dishes with none of the fusion nonsense often seen in menus these days. Personally I hate mayonnaise and cream cheese in my sushi. Lots of delicious side dishes to stray away from the usual sushi/sashimi. Service was very good and our waiter went out of his way to make our experience agreeable. I've been twice so far and never been disappointed. Reservation a must!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Situated in the center of the city, near the Douro river, the restaurant appear nice and with a lot of attention to details. Both, waiters and service are fast and good.
I was there two night ago and I ate both kind of food proposed by the restaurant. In fact, it is possible to eat sushy or other fish dishes similar to tapas, in the way they are proposed.
The fish is fresh and the taste is really good. The mixture between vegetables and fish made my mounth dreaming. In the end, the bill was not so cheap but I think the price reflects the quality of food I ate.
It was not my first time in there and it will be not the last.
Well done Shiko!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We went here craving something different after weeks of travel in Greece and Portugal. The staff are excellent. The food was good, not great. Not generous, not the best in terms of ingredients and preparation, but nice to have different flavours for sure. But if you have had good Japanese food in Japan, Australia or the USA, don't expect the same quantity or standard here. If you need a break from Mediterranean food go for it. It's also not cheap for what you get. Cost us about 40 euro for a modest lunch with one of us having wine.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank BBack1Day
Reviewed 28 August 2016

good service, good food. Went for lunch for 4. we all enjoyed our meals. Shared plates. Izakaya food and sushi

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Small restaurant. Very friendly service. Both the traditional Japanese dishes and sushi were absolutely great!

Date of visit: August 2016