“A divine Spot”

Restaurante Arquinho do Castelo
Reserve with
Restaurante Arquinho do Castelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,994 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

What a divine restaurant. Coming well recommended by a friend from Porto, it was only fair that I experienced dinning at this establishment.

The restaurant had a very comfortable setting, and the menu offerings were extensive. Service was sensational and the food was even better. Prices were about where they should be in my opinion.

The quality, texture and presentation of the food was impressive and extremely pleasing, and in summary this was a wonderful dining experience. And the apple pie remains the best I have ever eaten.

Fully recommendable.

3  Thank Adam S

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Went to the restaurant on the strength of good reviews but it didn't inspire me. Ordered the seafood in a loaf and while waiting I was given, so I thought, the cod balls but I ended up being charged for them. If I hadn't been on expenses I would have complained. The "green" wine didn't seem as "green" as next door in a the margarida restaurant in as much as it wasn't fizzy. Still ok though. Wouldn't hurry back, oh and kids weren't to noisy if you stayed in upper level.

1  Thank bewise56
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I‘ll be back for sure!
The restaurant is clean, service & food is excellent!
I‘ll come back for sure!:)

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Definitely one of the best fish and seafood restaurant in terms of quality and variety of food. Elegant and cosy the absolutely polite staff keeps you feeling comfortable. Clean and honest price. Really worhs.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times. The first time we had the "Arroz de Tamboril" (Tamboril rice). The dose is for minimum 2 persons and it comes in a hot pot cooked there and then. Wow, It is amazing!!! I left so full and satisfied I had to go for a long walk before going back home to sleep! The second time I tried the "Arroz de Polvo" (Octopus rice). My god, so beautifully cooked and tasty you don't want to leave anything left! Also served in a hot pot, freshly cooked and soooo juicy! If you want to try some proper Portuguese dishes this is the place. The staff very helpful and attentive. The wine list is impeccable and a good place to try the "Vinho Verde" (Green Wine) which is served cold, matches perfectly with Fish dishes and is only produced in Portugal, not available anywhere else. If you have some room for desert you have to try them as they have some local delicacies! I realised some famous Portuguese personalities show up at this place for their dishes, so nothing else to say... Highly recommended!!!

1  Thank RuiLevi