See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My stay at Formosa was really nice. The flat is comfortable and clean, the rooms quiet and private, the kitchen and bathrooms, spotless. The location is great, too. close to the center so you can walk everywhere, in a nice, safe neighborhood with cafes and markets around the corner. And as everyone has said, Joao was a great host. All in all a very good experience. If i return to Porto, I will stay at Formosa again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the small nook room and it was really comfortable. It faces the street, so would suggest ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I miss Casa Formosa!!! Yes, it's really so!
I travel a lot for work and I visit a lot of places but this, in particular, is a place that remains in the heart. Is a beautiful house, very clean and tastefully decorated, the breakfast is great, but it's not all: is the atmosphere that makes the difference. It's comfortable and familiar because it's not just a place for visitors but because is inhabited with love by Joao and his nice friend. They are lovely people in the soul, attentive to you, listening to, and also funny and full of irony...an extraordinary human quality that gives you wish to stay. In fact I'm going back there very soon...;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My family of 5 girls stayed at A Casa Formosa for 4 nights. I can't say enough about Joào! We arrived at 4AM due to flight delays and he was there to welcome us! He left a bottle of wine, oranges from his parents house and maps etc. We enjoyed our stay in the apartment. It's centrally located near shops and restaurants. Definitely a comfortable place to stay!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sunsandy1855
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Beautiful rooms with tasteful decoration, some old objects and a nice terrace to have breakfast. We felt just like at home, and we were welcomed in an incredible way, given advice on places to visit. Definitely a very quiet and great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvain P
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Casa Formosa was by far the best apartment I stayed at when traveling around Europe. I was studying abroad in Southern France and wanted to go to Portugal so two friends and I decided to go to Porto. Sarah and João are the best hosts ever. João would bring oranges from his mother's garden to the apartment and even cake that she had made! I definitely would call João and Sarah friends, not just hosts. I definitely will be keeping in touch with them and go back to visit.
In addition to the hosts that made Porto feel like a new home, the apartment is spotless. I would live there it's so freaking nice. If you have the chance to go to Porto the only place to stay is here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Madelsnakes