1,811 results
All reviews theatrical theme smoked glass design hotel low lighting glass door themed hotel tasting menu central location rain shower complimentary glass of port the river junior suite reception staff welcome drink breakfast was excellent sao bento train station yogurt
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and we were very happy with this hotel!

+ points:
- perfect location, near everything
- welcome drink
- good breakfast
- free coffee/thee in room
- friendly staff

- points:
- bed was not comfortable
- limited electric sockets in room

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to go to Porto last minute for a day from Lisbon and try their cuisine at Palco so decided to stay at the hotel Teatro to make life easier. The service is excellent: the staff personable and helpful but don't be put off by their jokes including telling us our room wasn't ready at 730 pm just to see our reaction. The design of the Hotel was clever and cool but don't expect the rooms to be large. Ours faced an inner courtyard wall with little light but the good service and clean sheets and comfortable bed being first class made up for the small room. If you go to Palco, you get a 10% discount on a meal. Breakfast is excellent too: good quality and has a reasonable amount of choices. We highly recommend this boutique chic hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Teatro for three nights in June and the location couldn't have been better. It is centrally located and we walked everywhere we went and could get to all places we wanted to in under 20 minutes. The hotel definitely has a different vibe from your average hotel as the lights are dimmed and the color scheme is a little darker than usual. It all plays into the fact that the hotel used to be a theater so it is a cool vibe! Upon arrival they give you a drink ticket for a complimentary glass of Port which is a nice touch! We stayed in a regular room and the bathroom and shower glass is totally see through and you can hear and see everything from the bed so this was definitely annoying at times. The breakfast wasn't anything special but they do have an amazing coffee machine that makes it easy to get your morning coffee exactly how you wish!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I stayed at the Treato Hotel for 6 nights to celebrate my birthday in Porto. My first visit to Porto. The location of the hotel was perfect as it was a short walking distance to most tourist attractions. It was only a 3 minutes walk to the train station and Metro which were not only convenient but very beautiful. The ceramic tiles on the wall at the entrance of the train station are worthwhile seeing. The station was always full of tourists admiring the walls and taking photographs of the ceramic tiles on the walls.

The Teatro hotel has a theatrical atmosphere. It has dark corridors leading to the rooms on all floors. The lobby and lounge on the ground floor appear to be dark. This is with keeping with the theme of the place mainly a theater. No surprise! I did not mind it. It was meant to be like a theatre. It may not be to everyone liking.

My room was very comfortable with a double bed. The bathroom was lovely with a great shower and toilet facilities. My room was kept spotless and cleaned by 12 midway. I usually leave soon after breakfast.at 9.00am. There was a safety box and mini bar in the room. The prices for items in the mini bar were not over priced as I have encountered in other hotels while travelling to other part of the world. The drawbacks that I have found were 1) there were not enough drawers to keep my personal belongings 2) no ironing facilities at the hotel. 3) no extra electrical sockets to plug my computer or kettle. It was expensive to get clothes wash or iron. As for example it was 3 Euros to wash and 3 Euros for e.g a shirt. I had to make do without ironing any of my clothes which I was not too happy with.

All the staffs were fantastic. They were very friendly and helpful. One of the staff stood out - Maguelle I think! Sorry if I got the name wrong. I will enclose a photo of him. He was amazing so helpful and good sense of humour. I had lunch at the hotel a couple of times. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. I cannot comment for supper. As I am not adventurous with local food I sticked to the european menus. I would recommend eating at the hotel for lunch. There was a good selection of dishes to choose from the menu which got changed twice during my stay.

I was pleasantly surprised when received a birthday cake and chilled champagne on my birthday from the management. How thoughtful! It was most touching and graciously received. It certainly made my day as I was travelling on my own. I have celebrated my birthday every year abroad but rarely get anything from the hotel that I was staying. The Teatro did go that extra mile and make it memorable for me. Thank you the Teatro.

Breakfast was from 7.00am to 10.00am. It was fantastic. There was a good selections of cereals, cakes, yogurts, bread, croissants, cheese, fresh fruits, meat and scrambled eggs, beacon, small sausages. There was sparking wine to start the day if you so wishes. Trust me you will not be hungry for many hours after breakfast.

Did I like the Teatro? Yes, I would highly recommend the Teatro. I hope you would enjoyed your stay as much as I did. Hope it will make your stay in Porto not only comfortable but also memorable.

Room Tip: Request rooms at the rear of the hotel as they are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a “concept” hotel but the concept is bad!!! After easy check-in, we realized the hotel is dark and dingy: lights too low, color scheme is black and brown. Room is the same! Do not drop room key on carpet-you will not find it! Bathroom has walls of brown glass and is dangerous. Shower and toilette have no grab bars! (Illegal?)
Steps to enter hotel has no bannister.The one plug we could find is on the floor under the desk, and the.chamber maid unplugs your charger and does not replace it!!!
Toilet paper is doled out stingily!
Breakfast buffet is adequate with variety.
Major safety hazard exists from seating area to buffet table.
Staying at this hotel is a disaster for anyone with a mild disability.
It is central and well-maintained!
Be warned!!!