All reviews port wine bus routes ten minute bus ride small hotel city centre free port important places place to stay big bathroom decent breakfast tea and coffee no lift ham three nights carafe cereal fado
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I chose Residencia Lis because almost everything else in Porto was booked out on the dates I had to go there for a scientific meeting. For the price I did not expect any luxury, just a small local hotel of reasonable standard. I was pleasantly surprised by what I got for my money. The staff is very friendly and informative, the free Wifi is working well, a reasonable breakfast is included, and the old city of Porto can conveniently be reached from the hotel's location by a bus that stops right in front of the hotel, or on foot by a 30 minutes walk. The area appears safe, too, even in the middle of the night. My (single) room was located right above the hotel's entrance, facing the road, and was quite noisy with the window open (but ok with the window closed) because of the traffic and the busses that run all night. The bed was good, the furniture was old but functional, and the bathroom was ok. The whole room, especially the carpet, was smelling a bit musty, but not so bad that it could ruin my (overall pleasant) experience. I would stay there again, especially for the price I paid (35 Euro per night). As to the overall rating, I would give the hotel a "good", but as this is not possible, I rate it as "very good" - but of course you have to take into account the category and the price, so "very good for the price" is maybe the fairest rating.

Room tip: The rooms to the street are a bit noisy
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

From our hosts who took time to explain the local area, sing us a brief excerpt of John Rutter and give us a complimentary carafe of homemade port! Whats not to love?! Clean, friendly,and very reasonably priced. Highly recommend

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Located in a residential district which is about a ten minute bus ride from down town on the #600 bus which can be accessed from the metro stations that arrive from the airport. Our room was very large and comfortable and had a balcony and patio. Breakfast was very good and had a nice buffet selection. Parking is available across the street in a inside secured garage. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. Lis B&B is an excellent value.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetlou27
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We chose Residencia LIS because of the price and they offered parking at a reasonable cost. The visit exceeded our expectations. Very friendly and informative staff made us feel welcome. A continental breakfast is included and is very good. There are supermarkets close by, a bus stop right outside the hotel with buses going into the heart of Porto. When we return to Porto we will stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This B&B is away from the centre of Porto but on several good bus routes and 400m from a tube station with a nice cafe in the square. (Get a ticket for both and the porto bus app). The price is low as there is no air con and the rooms are old fashioned, but it includes a decent breakfast, plus the host will give you great information and some free port.

Room tip: Rear rooms quieter
Date of stay: June 2017