“Best Location on the Island”
other travellers have booked this property
Private balcony over the gardens and with pool and sea view
Private balcony with sea view Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private balcony over the gardens and with pool and sea view
Private balcony with sea view
Master bedroom
Master bedroom with sea view
Master bedroom
Living room with sea view
Living room
Living room
2nd bedroom
Twin bedroom
Ensuite bathroom
2nd bathroom
Kitchen with gardens and sea view
Kitchen detail
Sea and gardens view from the balcony
Private balcony
Pool and sea view from the balcony
Jeep tour with my husband Miguel in a classic convertible UMM jeep
Relaxing jeep tour with my husband Miguel in a classic convertible UMM jeep
Jeep tour in classic convertible UMM jeep with my husband Miguek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Paradise8...
Toronto, Canada
“Best Location on the Island”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

My Husband and I stayed here for 16 nights. The accommodations were perfect. Very clean, breathtaking view. The location was excellent - it's away from the busy area of down Funchal but still accessible. We didn't need a car. It was a 10 minute walk to the grocery store and a few nice restaurants. We walked into Funchal (about 45 minutes to the start of the downtown area) and from there we walked into old town. We had planned on taking a bus back, however, we walked home as well. If you enjoy walking, it's not a problem. We also walked to the fishing village of Camara de Lobos - about 35 minutes. Really quaint and a great place to go for lunch. Go to No 2 bar and have a poncha. Niara was very helpful and gave us many tips and great advice. She checked in with us during our holiday to make sure that things were okay. I would also highly recommend that you ask Niara to arrange a jeep tour with Miguel. We took 2 off-roading tours with him of the island. He's an excellent guide and makes the day really fun. We will definitely be back to Madeira and we will stay at this apartment again. Many thanks Niara and Miguel.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and proximity to the ocean
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
4 Nov 2016
Thank you very much! You will be always welcome!
Gredsted
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent apartment”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This apartment is very, very nice and exactly as shown on the pictures. The terrace is big and the view over the Atlantic ocean from it at sunset is just breathtaking. If you like to swim in the Atlantic (like we did) it's possibly from the nearby beach. To go to Funchal you'll need to catch the bus, but the bus stop is only about 10 minutes away by foot.
The owner, Niara, is very kind and helpful.
This vacation rental is highly recommended!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size and standard of the apartment
Liked least: If you want to spend most of your time in Funchal you might find it a bit away from town center
Travelling group: Friends
4 Oct 2016
Thank you very much! You will always welcome!
Thomson_C...
Wotton under Edge
“Fantastic apartment, fantastic views!”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

As I write this review I am watching the most gorgeous sunset from the balcony of this lovely apartment after two weeks in this beautiful island. If you are thinking of booking this apartment,then do not hesitate. The apartment is clean, spacious, well equipped and has excellent wifi. Niara is most helpful - booking taxis, providing advice on what to see and do, but without being too intrusive. She recommended a jeep tour, which my two teenage boys rate as the best day of the holiday! It was great fun, and if you've never done one, then you haven't lived! We had the most wonderful day out, just the four of us, with our driver Miguel, who was great fun and clearly passionate about Madeira. The exhilaration of standing up in a jeep and feeling the wind in your hair, you really feel the journey, rather than simply being taken there on a coach or minibus. I wasn't sure at first, but I can't wait to come back and do another one! Other highlights included seeing dolphins and the most amazing snorkelling ever! Back to the apartment..... The view from the balcony is exactly like the photos, only better at sunset. There is a supermarket a 10 min walk away, a great bakery, and some brilliant natural pools to swim in (2 euros). There are some great little places to stop and have a coffee or beer (again very cheap) just a short walk away overlooking the beach. The swimming pool was a big hit with my boys, whilst I preferred to swim in the sea opposite the apartment. We loved this apartment, and we shall be dreaming of our evenings on the balcony overlooking the sunset-lit sea. Thank you to Niara and Miguel for a very memorable holiday !

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
28 Aug 2016
Dear Theresa

Thank you for reviewing all the major good qualities of my apartment (in fact it is even better than you can tell by the photos!) and I'm happy you have enjoyed it so much!

When I met you and your familly this morning to say goodbye I did not realized you´ve already made this review for both of us, me and my husband Miguel, refering the jeep tour experience you've had with him (he had a great time with you too!)

It was a great pleasure giving you the best tips in order you could have the best holiday experience as possible during the time you have been here, and I'm glad you have it! (this is always my main goal).

I would also like to thank you for have taken care of my apartment during your stay (I really apreciated it!) and I really hope you can come back in a near future! We will always be here for you and your familly!

Thank you for everything!
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and size of apartment
Liked least: Steep ascent to access bus stop.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
20 Aug 2016
Thank you very much for your kind review! It was a great pleasure welcome you in my apartment and help you to have the best holiday as possible! I will be here waiting for your next visit! All the best for all of you!
travellin...
London, United Kingdom
“Great Location with a Fantastic View”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in this great apartment for 10 nights and would highly recommend it. Our favourite was the view of the ocean from the balcony. At night we would leave the windows open to hear the sound of the waves. It was so relaxing.

The apartment was very clean and well equipped (washing machine, towels, lots of English TV channels, etc). It was convenient being on the first floor as we could easily walk up one flight of stairs and never had to wait for an elevator. There were plenty of sunloungers at the pool and the pool was cleaned daily.

Niara was brilliant with communication from prior to booking the apartment and during our stay. She gave us a great welcome briefing with plenty of recommendations of places to visit and restaurants.

We really liked the Praria Formosa area as it is very quiet. The beach in front of the apartment is a stone beach but it was still good fun jumping in the waves there. There is a natural pool about a 3 minute walk from the apartment and a supermarket about a 10 minute walk away.

Madeira is a beautiful island with wonderful sights to see and lovely people. We would recommend this island and this apartment to anyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View of the ocean from balcony
Liked least: Having to leave to come back home
Travelling group: Young Children
17 Jul 2016
Thank you very much for your kind words! It was a pleasure have helped you to have the best holidays as possible and I'm glad you have enjoyed it so much! You'll always welcome!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing