Lowest prices for your stay
USD 86
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
Hotels.com
USD 86
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
USD 84
PricelineUSD 86
eDreamsUSD 86
TravelocityUSD 86
All reviews curral das freiras great view from the balcony hire car beach holiday swimming pool small balcony public areas nuns jacuzzi tunnel madeira balconies corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. Very friendly and helpful staff (thank you to Rui for helping us find one of the last rental cars in Madeira!). The views are amazing, food good, cocktails nice (served on the terrace of the cafe until 7 pm). The rooms nicely designed with views, balconies and comfortable beds. Slept above the clouds one night. The pool area is also great.

We walked into the valley and also swam in the river pools at Poco dos Chefes.

Highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JaneBrighton
Reviewed 7 January 2021

Hotel & Spa Eira do Serrado is on a prime spot at the viewpoint offering spectacular views acorss the valley to both sides, Funchal and Currral das Freiras.
The hotel has comprehensive facilities (pool open - sauna and whirlpool/Jaccuzi closed due to Covid) and spa treatments that need to be booked in advance.
Large and comfortable rooms with a balcony and great valley view. Good restaurant serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Dinner (a la carte) is really of great quality and value and can be recommended. Super-friendly personnel - clear go!

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank DGE2014
Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

The Eira do Serrado Hotel was the perfect overnight base for me from which to explore the Nuns Valley.

Unfortunately, I was one of only two guests so, at check-in, I was told there wouldn’t be a buffet breakfast the following morning (understandable) and was asked to tell them what I would like instead. We then played a game where I would mention things I’d probably choose from a buffet and they’d tell me if I could have it. It kinda worked, but it caught me off-guard and I didn’t really ask for what I’d choose. Plus the proportions were all askew!

Then I was told if I wanted the set menu for dinner I would have to make my choices for that too, although curiously not for the quite lengthy à la carte menu (the food was actually pretty good).

Next the sauna, gym and pool - I had to book a slot for the gym (normal in Madeira at the moment), the sauna was closed (every place I’ve stayed seems to have a different sauna rule!) and as for the pool - it was all covered over, and I didn’t have the heart to ask for it be opened up for just me!

My room was very clean and comfortable enough and I had a great view from the balcony. Could do with one or two more power points though.

The gym was poor - a couple of cheap cardio machines and 5 very light (1-3kg) dumbbells. So many hotels do this - clearly it’s only done to tick a box.

On the whole, the hotel felt lifeless - usually, the lights were off and they’d switch things on for me when I appeared - and it was deathly silent. I know it’s so difficult at the moment but I think they should make their minds up about being open as it felt like their hearts just weren’t in it.

The restaurant was set up for a wedding reception (which made it a bit weird to eat in!) - let’s hope it brought them in a bit of money to keep them going :)

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank pdmancs
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Hotel is far from funchal but up the mountain.make it unique because it have very nice views at rooms.good price and nice personnel.also variety of foods in the restaurant of hotel.we stayed there for two nights and it was almost good

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed for a week at this hotel in February. Loved the view of the mountains and Curral do Freiras from our window. (If you come make sure you take a hike to and from Curral - tiring but very rewarding views) Very clean hotel with nice swimming pool, good size rooms and a really good breakfast. Excellent customer service.

Date of stay: February 2020