Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 132
View deal
PricelineUSD 133
Hotels.comUSD 132
Booking.comUSD 133
Orbitz.comUSD 132
eDreamsUSD 133
CheapTicketsUSD 132
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2019

From the moment we arrived, we felt at home - not least due to the genuinely warm reception that Manuela gave us. She spent time with us explaining details relating to our 7 day stay there and nothing seemed to be a problem to her.
The hotel could not be faulted - The premises were spotless and well presented with quality fittings and decor ; We stayed half-board and were pleasantly surprised with the high quality and variety of food - truly top-end restaurant standard.
Last but not least - like any business, it's only as good as the the quality of the staff that they employ and once again Quinta Mirabela proved exceptional in this aspect.

Room tip: Opt for a slightly more expensive, but more spacious Superior Room - each with a balcony overlooking Funchal Bay.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mondavi56
Reviewed 6 March 2019 via mobile

This hotel is on the steep slope where you do the basket ride down the street in Funchal. Therefore it’s not good if your not fit and mobile. Having said that it is really the most wonderful hotel!
They provide a shuttle bus down into town three times a day and a bus back too. The staff are absolutely amazing. Sara and Luisa on reception were very helpful, and the restaurant staff were always happy and attentive, I’v never known a team of waiters that have worked so well together. Nothing was ever too much trouble☺️
Mark and I loved our stay here, thank you all. We had a wonderful week with you all x

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank Olibongo
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

Got a really good deal which included half board at this hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant. Hotel only has 24 rooms so not busy, very quiet and clean. Food was fantastic and we worked our way through the menu. We were also entitled to the special themed meals being Italian one njght and typical Madeiran the other. My only gripe is that I did not realise how high up the hotel is situated. It is actually on the Toboggan run so thaf will tell you how steep the road is. The hotel has a shuttle bus but it only goes down and back 3 times a day, 10am, 2pm and 5pm so if you wanted to be in Funchal for the evening you would need to pay for a taxi, 10 euros each way. Also there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room altho these could be purchased at a reasonable price from the bar. Lovely spa with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Overall a great hotel, just the location. Glad we had half board.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank carolwU1390LW
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

When we booked our holiday through Expedia, we got an absolute bargain. Good flight times and the room was reserve now and pay at the hotel. Fantastic we thought, until a few days before we were due to stay....

I received a call from the hotel a few days before we were due to arrive to say they were overbooked and so we would have to spend our first night at their sister hotel, Quinta do Monte. There wasn't much I could say or do at the time so said we would deal with it when we got there.

Having checked out their sister hotel online, it was poles apart from Quinta Mirabela. This hotel is chic and modern where Quinta do Monte is something out of the 80's, 5-10 minute car journey away tucked up in the mountains with little to no reception and reminded me of my nana's house (on a much larger scale of course).

When we arrived, they reiterated they were fully booked but would arrange transport for us to take us to the other hotel. I told them we were unhappy as the other hotel was not of the same quality and even less per night than what we had paid and in fact they were still showing as having rooms available on Expedia and other hotel booking sites since they rang me to that very day but at a MUCH higher price (like more than the cost of our total stay). They said it was something they did so as to keep showing in searches so they did not lose their place but actually they didn't have any rooms left. The hotel was extremely quiet, no guests around that we saw, and I very much doubt they were fully booked and just kept rooms to be able to charge at an extortionate rate.

In fairness to them, they arranged transportation for us to the sister hotel and then back then next day, put us in a suite at Quinta do Monte and gave us a voucher for dinner at Quinta Mirabela the next evening, so to give them their dues we cannot grumble at that but would not have got that if I hadn't complained but still can't understand why they overbook rooms and upset guests just to remain higher up on hotel searches. We were only there for 3 nights and it was an upheaval having to mess about unpacking and repacking.

If you are lucky enough to stay here for your whole trip, you will not be disappointed with the hotel. It's out of town but in a beautiful quiet location with gorgeous views over the city and of the mountains behind. They have a shuttle bus that runs twice a day taking you into town and back which was very handy as it's quite a walk away.

Breakfast was nice and lots of choice. Excellent bar with great cocktails (they make a really good caipirinha!) and the dinner we had was nice too in their restaurant.

There is a rooftop lounge area where you can gaze out over Funchal, a pool and spa facilities with sauna and jacuzzi.

Room was very nice, comfortable bed, lovely decor, little balcony with seating and great shower/bath.

I would have rated this 5 stars had we not been booted out the first night, and I upped my rating from a 3 to a 4 (because I am nice) based on what they did for us and, in hindsight, I suppose it gave us a chance to explore further up Monte than we probably would have ventured. But when all you want/need is a relaxing holiday and begin with an argument it's not a good start.

There is a lovely local cafe just round the corner (end of the street to the right, just round the bend in the right hand side) that does REALLY good coffee and gorgeous local pastries that you should visit.

Watch out for cheeky taxi drivers - the first night we paid €20 to get back from town but the next 2 nights paid only €10 at most.

Date of stay: May 2017
5  Thank leila1986
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have just spent two lovely weeks at this hotel. The hotel its self was fantastic extremely clean at all times. The staff could not do enough for you. Reception was very very good and would always have friendly word or two. The food at breakfast was always good and service even when busy was first class. We did have one evening meal and this was good however a little expensive. Transport to the main town was twice a day 10 am and 5 pm this was never full, however in my opinion the times could change to maybe three times a day 10am 3pm 7pm the reason for this was that taxi cost around 10euro. We did walk into the main town on several occasions and this is a bit of a trek down hill, but you would not be able to walk back as it would have taken for ever if you made it. I would give this hotel 8 out of 10 and the only reason I have not given it 10 is due to the high location. Having said that I will defiantly be going back next year many thanks to all the staff for a fantastic time

Date of stay: October 2017