Free Tour by Foot
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
A fun and informative tour!

I learned a lot of interesting and funny things about Funchal in this tour. Pedro is a very kind... read more

Reviewed 21 May 2018
Céline B
via mobile
Great walking tour

Pedro’s walking tour was witty and amusing! We all really enjoyed the tour. He was very informative... read more

Reviewed 20 May 2018
JouleA
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Funchal
from USD 48.30
from USD 28.80
from USD 40.30
from USD 51.80
More Info
All reviews amusing anecdotes pedro jokes information history guide madeira island
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Pedro met us on time and we had lovely 2.5 hours of interesting spots , stories , historical facts and lots of jokes , it was great time and i recomend it to start with while in Funchal .

Date of experience: January 2018
Pedro R, Manager at Free Tour by Foot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for your review.

I was trully happy to hear from you, and seeing that you enjoyed the walk.

best regards and thank you

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I think it was such a waste of time. No interesting information, strange jokes... if you like it - go. In Lisbon free tour was just GREAT. It Funchal - DISAPPOINTMENT.
Short walk, about 1 or 1,5 km.

Date of experience: September 2017
Pedro R, Manager at Free Tour by Foot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your review.

I am trully sorry that you didn´t enjoy the walk.

I assure you that I will work hard on improving the tour, so more people can enjoy it.

Im sorry it was not up to your standarts, i did my best.... but ill work hard to improve!

best regards

Reviewed 31 October 2017

My wife and I joined Pedro and approx. 8 others on the walking tour on Sunday 22nd October and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Pedro is an excellent host and extremely humourous and the 2.5 hours passed in no time.

Pedro is passionate about Funchal and Madeira and makes his foot tour very informative and entertaining, many thanks for showing us your beautiful city.

I've used Sandemans walking tours in other European cities and Pedro was equal if not better than those.

Date of experience: October 2017
Pedro R, Manager at Free Tour by Foot, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you !! It was my pleasure!! Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 6 October 2017

With my girlfriend we wanted to do waking tour on Sunday afternoon (4 pm). I send him two email with request for tour confirmation, but there was no response.

Lesson learned, if you don't get any response, the tour will not take place. Not needed to go to meeting point.

Date of experience: October 2017
Pedro R, Manager at Free Tour by Foot, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Good Evenning dear sir or madam, I am trully sorry that , for some reason that i don´t know, i have no records, of an email , and therefor the tour you wanted did not took place.
You have been, the first person to have this problem, with me. I apologize to you, and your girlfriend, and i garantee that i will find out what happen, because as you can see by my reviews, this has never happened. I apologise , and thank you for your review.
Im having a tour tommorow at 4pm (october 8th), if you want to come to the meeting point, illl be happy to do it for you. If you are not in the island, and are planning to come back, i will do a special tour for you, in any day, at any time....
Sorry once again , and hope to hear from you soon.
Pedro Rainha

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This tour was absolutely wonderful. Pedro was funny, informative and helpful. I recommend doing this tour when you first arrive in Funchal, it really helps you to get your bearings and also highlights other places you may want to vsiit on your holiday. Pedro is able to speak a wide variety of languages and can easily switch between them for a mixed-languague group. He has lots of little insider tips for places to visit and activities to do that are definitely worth taking on board!
We did walk for the whole 2 hours we were with Pedro but the walk was realtively flat and easy to manage (I still recommend comfy shoes though!). Pedro has a long list of stories about the city and its history, some of it true and some of it a bit less true :D Pedro keeps you entertained throughout the whole 2 hours, so much so that the time flew by!

Date of experience: September 2017

Thank you...it was my pleasure!!!!

Hope to see you again!!!