Hotel situation great for walking in to Funchal centre as an easy 15 minutes down the hill and not as steep as many roads for returning! Lovely walk in the opposite direction along the coast as well. A good choice of local restaurants within 5 minutes if you would rather not walk down to the centre, as well as a Spar supermarket almost at the entrance which is handy for buying water and not having to carry it far. The breakfasts were excellent with everthing you could want and filled you up for the day. Outside pools cold in February (as you would expect)but there is an inside pool.Guest relations very helpful for booking taxis and car hire (but you have to pay the hotel to park overnight in the grounds and there is no other parking around). The room safes are rather old fashioned and you have to hire the lock and pay for each day compared with the normal digital locks in most hotels of this standard. I would certainly stay there again as the location was ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal