Firstly - fantastic staff, clean and excellent food.
Check in was very efficient. In our room with cases already delivered within minutes.
Room was fine, few negative comments previously, but room was clean, large bathroom, great comfy bed. Room had everything required. Only down side was fresh water, a bottle on arrival then had to buy daily from the supermarket across the road.
Restaurant was better than expected (after reading previous reviews). Breakfast had a large and varied choice, the evening meal buffet was excellent, we couldn't fault the choice and quality. No complaints. Attached dine around restaurants -Italian was good. Porugese with a twist on the kebabs. Didnt manage the suishi. Good option to vary from the buffett ( buffett was good though)
There is a small supermarket across from vidamar which has a small deli within which you can grab a beer/juice from the supermarket along with a sandwich, piece of quiche, soup, pastries etc etc, they'll provide a frozen glass, can sit outside at a few tables. Ciabatta sandwich and 2 beers for about 4 euro ! Good for snacking during the day.
All in all a good stay. Lots of negative comments previously, could record a few but so low level its not worth it. Doesnt quite hit the 5 stars i can see this, but definitely worthy of a visit and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal