“Dinner Delights”
Review of Armazem do Sal

Armazem do Sal
Reserve with
Armazem do Sal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 721 Restaurants in Funchal
Price range: USD 0 - USD 35
Cuisines: Portuguese, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a find! Almost Michelin quality at a fraction of the cost. A beautifully transformed alley way dining area with a musician serenading at the end. Superb friendly staff and excellent food. The 4 course set price menu at €32 was very good value. Wine pairing was available but we went with the Someliers recommendation which turned out to be an amazing complement to the food!
You will be hard pushed to find better than this in Funchal.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,297)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose the three-course a la carte dinner here and were not disappointed. For €32 you get your pick from a creative menu that is a welcome break from the typical Madeiran fare (which can get repetitive after a few days). For an extra €12 you get a selection of wine pairings to go with your chosen dishes, and our waiter generously refilled our glasses several times over the course of our meal, making this a very good deal indeed. Service was very attentive, quick and friendly. Most importantly, the food was delicious and inspired. Good ingredients and bold flavors, in interesting but not overly complicated combinations. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You usually come here for a superb dinner in this old salt cellar full of atmosphere. Well it does a very good lunch as well, the menu is much more succinct but the daily lunch specials...especially the squid is excellent. You can eat inside our outside in the narrow courtyard. Service as you would expect is excellent and the cooking is too. What a find for lunch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was probably our third visit to the Armazem do Sal. We previously thought the food was good but it just gets better and better. Everything from the amouse bouche to the dessert was superb, as was the wine pairing. Yet another memorable evening.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We visited for an Anniversary meal based on the good reviews and were definitely not disappointed. My husband and I both went for the fish tasting menu with A’la Carte starter and pud and my husband had the paired wines. The food was absolutely gorgeous with a starter of Sushi Tuna, the selection of fish and a beautiful Pesto Risotto followed by the Chocolate Volcano for me and Chocolate Soufflé for my husband. I cannot fault either the food or the service, the food was wonderful and the service was excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant and will definitely be visiting again during our stay. My only comment would be that whilst the atmosphere and music were great we were seated by the toilet which I will be aware of for next time.