Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
red_mallow
Linköping, Sweden

Clean and quiet in a lovely neighborhood

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Nov 2023
Great place to stay in Alfama. Really nice staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and a good breakfast selection. Relatively close to metro stations, and a handful of nice restaurants nearby. A bit difficult to find, but that's just part of the charm of the neighborhood.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.9 km from Hotel Convento do Salvador
    AU$207
2.0 km from Hotel Convento do Salvador
View more hotels in Lisbon
All reviews alfama district converted convent rooms are small fresh fruit salad tram route old lisbon pastries river view recommend this hotel lovely hotel single room junior suite comfortable bed quiet at night walking distance definitely stay here again excellent location
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2023

Very nice and clean hotel right on the tram tracks in Alfama. Large courtyard with lots of trees for relaxing in the shade. Very nice breakfast buffet.

The streets around the hotel are very small and steep so the tram is a really good option for getting around. Climbing up the hill to the castle or cathedral will give you excellent views but very tired legs. Lots of little restaurants tucked into small squares along the tiny little streets that make Alfama so interesting.

The transit make it very easy to get around historic Lisbon with just a transfer or two, just be sure to look up the route maps online before you get out in the wild. We didn't have cell service so finding wifi was the only way to get the maps we needed to figure out which trams went where.

Room tip: Be sure to look up the routes for the trams online before you leave the hotel's wifi because they don't have paper maps anymore.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2023

Lovel hotel in the old qualter Alfama. Road is very narrow and steep so met my uber at top of the street.
Lovely courtyard to sit the morning with your cofee or in teh evening with a drink. Close to restaraunts and bars and to the local castle. Very walkable area

Great staff, 24/7 and they speak several languages. This is a good deal and I was very happy there

Room tip: You can get the tram 28e a few minutes walk away. The tram is a great way to see the city and you can get off any time It can be bumpy
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 14 October 2023 via mobile

We were three friends booking this hotel 4 months before arriving. We all had separate rooms. My room was 2A on level two. The shower had no hot water. The grip for adjusting temperature was not working, so it was only ice cold water coming out from the shower. I told the manager (lady) in reception about the problem the first day morning, and she was sorry for this, and promised it should be fixed during the same day. In the evening the same day, I should again take a shower and when standing in the shower it was still only ice cold water coming out. Uh! Not nice! I again told the reception about the water, and was by that time informed, that they had not been able to find a technician to fix the problem. I asked to be compensated for this inconvenience. The hotel was fully booked no rooms available. The next day October 16 I checked out asking the man in reception to get compensated on the bill for the inconvinience of having my showers with cold icy water.
I was informed that he could not do that, and there was no "person in charge available", and he refused to telephone the person in charge, when I asked him to do that. This person "in charge", which was the same person I reported to about the problem the first day, was not physically available until the day after, I was now informed.
I was promised to be contacted, when she was available again. I have to wait, the man in reception said when I checked out! When will I be contacted?
I am not happy with the unprofessional handling of having paid full price for a room having only cold water!! And not being informed that they could not fix it during my stay, and moreover, the hotel were fully booked for room change! I booked the room 4 months in advance.
Apart from this bad experience with the water. The hotel is nice located in Alfama the historical part, clean rooms and good breakfast and nice breakfast. I cannot rate the hotel "very good" after being treated unprofessional and not helping.. This gives a very bad experience of this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Berith9
Reviewed 9 October 2023 via mobile

Fantastic lobby and sitting area for business meetings. Great service and professional staff. A relaxed environment for having a coffee or drink. I would highly recommend this place for gatherings, business meetings and dinner events.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2023 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel up in the hills of Alfama. Rooms are spacious for a city centre place, well equipped bathrooms and a delicious breakfast available. Check in quick and easy. It is on a cobbled hill so if you're unsteady on your feet, probably not the best but there is a no 28 tram stop about 2 or 3 minute walk away.

Date of stay: September 2023