USD 210
USD 206
USD 172
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 303/night.

USD 189
  • Room Service
Hotel Avenida Palace(Lisbon)
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 290
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
USD 95
HIExpress.com
USD 196
USD 147
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Ibis Lisboa Saldanha(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
USD 108
Hotels.com
USD 447
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalfama districtconverted conventwinding streetscentral courtyardscrambled eggs and bacona river view roomold districtpastriesse cathedralrooms are smallfamous tramnumber tramboutique style hotelfresh fruit saladhotel is locatedreal lisbontram stop
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

As the name suggests, this was once a convent with a residential boys’ school. It’s only been open as a hotel for a couple of years and is still having some interior work completed on one side of the internal courtyard. However, this does not impact on your stay at all. The hotel is very clean and modern inside with minimalist decor. If I’m being honest, it’s probably best described as functional rather than minimalist. Nevertheless, it has, more or less everything you require- except a socket near a mirror for my straighteners!!! Spacious reception area and lovely enclosed courtyard for summer evenings. We had one of the junior suites which has an upstairs bedroom but downstairs lounge area and bathroom. This was all that was available at the time. I would probably have preferred a standard double room as we didn’t need the extra room and the bathroom being downstairs was inconvenient. Not good if you have mobility issues. Breakfast was simple but nice, with hot and cold food. All staff were particularly friendly and helpful. I would suggest you get the hotel to book your transport as this will ensure you get dropped off/picked up from the door. Otherwise you will have to transport your luggage down/up the hill to the hotel. It’s not far but steep and cobbled and can be slippy if it’s wet. I would definitely recommend this as an ideal place to stay right in the heart of Alfama old town.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I really loved staying in the very picturesque Alfama quarter. This hotel is down a quiet street and returning to it felt peaceful at the end of a busy sightseeing day. The space and outer walls with a large inner courtyard speak of the convent that was once here but the similarity ends there. The inside is totally renovated with everything you would want in a modern hotel. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with scrambled eggs and meats and cheeses, lovely fresh fruit and pastries etc. and of course great coffee. Our space was roomy for 3 with an upstairs and down and 2 bathrooms. Lovely, modern lobby with plenty of comfortable chairs where you could sit and visit and have a glass of vino at the end of the day. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MFJ2016
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Just back from a three-night stay with friends. Very clean, well-maintained hotel. Rooms and public areas kept spotlessly clean. Every member of staff; reception, breakfast, bar and chambermaid, very friendly and helpful.
Hotel looks as if it has been furnished from an Ikea catalogue. The hotel was busy while we were there so the only rooms we could get were the duplex rooms entered off the central courtyard. Entering the room, we found a sofa bed, fridge and TV. Toilet/shower room on this level. Up a narrow stair to the bedroom. (Bit of a performance going down the stair to the loo during the night!) Big, firm, comfortable bed. Powerful hot shower. Fast, free Wi-Fi. Brutally functional carpeting and the thinnest toilet tissue you will ever encounter! Breakfast (included in our particular deal) was perfectly adequate. Hot and cold food but a coffee machine that you need a science degree to operate!
A number of good restaurants and bars within a 5-10 minute walk. But be warned, this area is extremely hilly with cobbled street surfaces. You need to be good on your feet to visit the Alfama area!
One negative comment about Lisbon; although we are experienced travellers, took every precaution and were given friendly warnings by all of the locals, my friend had his wallet stolen from a zipped, front pocket on a busy tram.
Despite that downer I must say that all of the local people we met in bars and restaurants were so friendly and helpful.
We would have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel Convento do Salvador for a short break in Lisbon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018

This hotel is wonderfully renovated with small but lovely modern rooms. The staff are especially attentive (kudos to the breakfast crew for a variety of choices to get your day started) The location for us was perfect, in close proximity to all the Alfama attractions and within walking distance (for active walkers) to downtown Lisbon. We only used a taxi a couple of times during our 8 day stay. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to be in the center of the historical district.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank cdc1canada
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I stayed one night solo in this hotel. We had just finished a work trip while staying in Barrio Alto, so I needed an inexpensive room for a night as I was flying out the next morning.

The hotel was lovely, modern and everything you'd need. My room was quite small, I couldn't imagine staying with another person in that space. The shower also was not fully enclosed so water would spray into the sink and mirror and floor -- this seems to be a thing in Europe though so maybe it's just me that finds it annoying.

Ubers have trouble finding the place though. And there is a barrier to entry at the top of the street - so the hotel has to provide them a code in order to enter the street. This was difficult a couple times.

The uber dropping me off at the hotel couldn't get through so I had to roll my suitcase down a fairly steep hill - even if it's only 30-50 m or so. And the uber picking me up for the airport had a hard time finding the place.

If you're looking to stay in Old Lisbon by the castle and some beautiful churches - it's a great location. If you are looking to be in the heart of shopping, restaurants and bars aim for Barrio Alto.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo