“Best grilled fish in town”

Churrasqueira da Paz
Ranked #124 of 5,111 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: USD 8 - USD 14
Cuisines: Diner, Portuguese, Cafe, Grill
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

My apartment hosts send me to this restaurant to have a typical Portugese experience. So went here at lunchtime and it was just wonderful. Don't expect a fancy restaurant. It's more like a snack bar, but go there to eat the best grilled fish in town for a very cheap price.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We booked for 8.30 -table not ready until 8.50 but this isn't the Ritz - it's a great backstreet, authentic restaurant. The guys bought us emergency beer and wine to keep us going whilst we waited and looked at menu board outside. Inside its like an traditional English greasy spoon but there is a difference - the food. Its all grilled by an old guy at the front of the restaurant and all brilliant. Most of us had fish - all fresh and shown at the table - two had sea bream, one swordfish and one sardines. My son and I had one and a half grilled chickens between is ( my son's idea - but chickens quite small - thank God). It came with plenty of chips, salad and veg (broccoli and boiled potatoes). It was all great - my daughter - a fish fan - said easily the best she had had on holiday. And best bit - the bill - €59 for 6 of us including a litre plus one large glass of wine (very drinkable), 3 small plus one large beer and a litre and half of water - amazing value. Highly recommended.

1  Thank DavidfromEaling
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Our AirBnb host recommended this place to us and she was absolutely right. We ate soup of the day, appetizers, fresh fish, dessert and had some wine. All of the above was under 15€ per person. Everything was delicious, so if you want to try local cousine, I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Affordable, big portions, great fresh fish, would recommend to anyone. Only downside is that it is small, so we had to wait a bit.

1  Thank 813ivan_
Reviewed 25 June 2016

No frills cafe/restaurant with limited menu. Very fresh fish cooked simply but so tasty, served with boiled potatoes and green beans - not what I would normally choose but turned out to be perfect accompaniment. Had steak on second visit which was delicious. It took us ages to find ' Churrasqueira da Paz' but we were so glad we persevered!!