“Best lamb and coconut rice”

Restaurante Cantinho do Aziz
Ranked #416 of 4,456 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: USD 6 - USD 24
Cuisines: African, Indian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Description: We do deliver to your hotel room, just call us, we speak English. The best mozambican food in Lisbon and probably in Portugal, we have been open for 30 years and we do unique food. Came and try the best chamoussas in Lisbon, the Makoufe a dish that the chef recommends and the Piri-Piri Chicken without doubt the best chicken in Lisbon for sure.Wi-Fi available inside for customers
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Their coconut rice is very very fragrant. The lamb was tender. The prawn were great and its curry sauce (not like india kind though) was rly nice and goes well with the coconut rice. Yummy dinner. Both my friend and I were vry satisfied with that meal.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

You have to scale the heights to reach this little place but it's certainly worth the effort. The food scales many heights as well. The restaurant is set in an amazing little residential area where people are just sitting out chilling and kids play in the street. I started with samosas, 2 tasty, crispy, beef filled beauties accompanied by an insane chilli sauce. Next up, piri piri lamb cutlets with coconut rice and green beans. Incredibly tender lamb that fell apart at the slightest suggestion. If you don't have a reservation I suggest getting there early as this place is popular and its easy to see why...

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We initially heard of this restaurant on a YouTube review and while it sounded interesting, we never imagined we'd stumble upon it, hidden away less than 5 minutes walk from our apartment. Some of the most interestingly tasty food we've ever eaten, great Portuguese wine and staff who are willing to assist with your selections. Just beware of the sauce that comes with the samosas. We enjoy hot, spicy food, but this stuff could (and did) challenge a few people. Thanks for the experience, it was brilliant. I am not sure why other reviewers had such difficulty finding a table. While there were many reserved, we easily found one inside.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Been to this place twice on both of our visits to Lisbon. The service is wonderful and the food great. Had vegetable samosas and a prawn curry washed down with a cheap half carafe of red. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant seams to be popular, as I found out if you don't have a reservation you may be out of luck, or may have to wait for a long time. However, I was lucky enough to find a table even though I went without a reservation - may be because I went right after they opened.

A dish from this restaurant was featured in one of the Travel Channel's food shows. It was intriguing that they served food from Mozambique, and I put it on my list to checkout when in Lisbon.

It was a bit of a hike to get to the restaurant, and google maps kept sending me to the wrong place. I got there about 5:15 PM and was told they open at 7:00 PM. I left and came back. The seating area is outdoors and charming.

To start with, I had two samosas, one meat and one vegetables with cheese. They were both tasty; the beef one had more flavor. For the main course, I had lamb chops with rice, which was average because the meat was chewy and a bit tough. The curry sauce, in which the chops were cooked, was flavorful and spicy.

The food and service were good, not exceptional. If you are looking for something different while in Lisbon, pay them a visit.