“...A wonderful surprise”
Review of B&B Zuzabed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lisbon
B&B Zuzabed
Ranked #17 of 268 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2017

... at one point she said to me: '' today you will have a surprise ... ''
, With closed eyes and hand, I arrived in this cozy space and such was my astonishment that I was in the center of Bairro Alto. Romantic dinner, a few aphrodisiac drinks and the icing on the cake awaited me at the B & B ZuzaBed ... I will not tell you more ... will try it for yourselves
My thanks Luis & Luis for being part of this memorable date

Room Tip: in the center of Bairro Alto
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We reserved the 2 patio apartments in Lisbon as we had a group stay. We enjoyed the privacy of the 2 apartments and they were very quiet. Inside they were clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. They provided some food which was extremely helpful for the first day until we were able to find our way in the city. Also we got a phone for contacting Luis/Diego and they responded very promptly. Overall very pleased with our stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Goooood afternoon dear piel_canela_2009, greetings from Lisbon to you! :-)

Please let me extend my thanks for taking the time to write a nice review. As you said privacy, cleanliness and comfort are a must not to mention our superb central city location! I'm happy to know your time was happy and full of good times. Further it's great to see Guests use the complimentary phone and let's not forget the handy App with my local tips ;-) to navigate around the city!

Look forward to hosting your group in the future as the pleasure is mine.

I've passed on the positive compliments to my staff, Diego. Your kind words brought a smile to his face. :-)

Many thanks and happy travels!

With my best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Another journey  to  the city of light, Lisbon! Always fun with great weather,great food  ,great people....

And when we are making our accommodation  plans, We just say and stay with  Zuza and know it's going to be as close to perfection as you can get. No worries , just arrive and you will be greeted by the very capable hands of Luis and his Zuza team.Throughout your stay you are taken care of with genuine smiles  and caring.Its what  sets Zuzabed apart from other places we've  stayed in the world.

We wanted to be in the thick  of the action for the famous June festas  so we looked no further than the Bairro Alto apartment. Bairro  Alto  is a fascinating area with lots of old cobbled  streets,lanterns that light  your way at night which is so romantic  and  charming.
What  is appealing  is having  no stairs for those  with creaky knees and  being housed in an authentic  styled apartment with real people ,a local Portuguese  neighborhood. Talk  about instant immersion....we were part of all the little tables and chairs  lined up with grills cooking sardines , the intense  smells of  homemade  cooking  in the  street,colorful  streamers decorating  the narrow alleyways  , music and oh what fun loaded with people singing,dancing , socializing. Suddenly we were the  new kids on the block and partopart of  a block party.

.Nevertheless  the location is so central, so close to restaurants, shops,grocery and of course the attractions and sights.No need for a car or a bus,just walk and it's a tour in itself to try different routes in this picturesque  district.

The  apartment  is on a ground floor and houses a living room with pull out sofa,a dining area off of the kitchen, washer, bedroom down the hallway and a very cute little personal patio with table and chairs and yes a clothesline!.Wow what atmosphere and a deeply rooted tradition,   looking up into a sky of all the Portuguese  clothesline  and buildings!! You get all the flavors of life  and it's rhythmn  here.Comfy bed and little window to watch  passerbys or to shut for privacy. I especially  love the front door that can be half open if you  like .We enjoyed listening to the cadence  of the Portuguese  language and other languages too.
Zuza  has the fridge stocked to get you started  so it's great not having to schlep off to a grocer immediately. Housekeeping  is always available  and kept everything  tidy and clean during our stay with plenty of towels.

One of our highlights  whenever  we stay is meeting up with  Luis and his team to chat and gather more information  about the city and Portugal  as a whole.We live to spend our days  on day trips or ongoing exhibitions,events etc.  The staff  are a wealth of information  and better than any guide book  you can buy.Theres the  trusty Zuza   App if we get lost.

Additionally, Ana, Diego and Luis share lots of great places you'd never find on your own.The hospitality is just  outstanding  and nothing is ever  a bother.Its always  comforting  to know you aren't alone in the big city.
Even when it's time to leave,one of the team members  will schedule  a taxi for you or help with other forms of transport.Service with a smile!!!
It's always a pleasure  to stay with Zuzabed and to write another beaming review  that is so well deserved. Hats off to Luis and his team for being consistently reliable,accommodating and friendly.   We believe Zuzabed offers the very best hospitality one can  want.  We consider  it our home away from home and can't imagine  staying anywhere  else in Lisbon.We look forward to a future stay at one of the many Zuzas because we already know,it'll be special.

Room Tip: Every room is individual and unique
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Daphnenero
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The property is well located for sightseeing and night life. The apartment itself was large and comfortable with all of the modern conveniences. Luis and his staff were great! The app was helpful, but the staff were always available to answer any questions and give recommendations. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank cherylnigel2015
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Goooood morning dears Cheryl & Nigel,

Thank you so much for accepting your family suggestion to contact us for your special celebration in Lisbon. Was a pleasure to meet you and although during such a busy time of the year in Lisbon - Lisbon St. Anthony Festivities - I'm happy to know you had a wonderful time staying with us here in Lisbon city center.
You do have the ZUZA spirit and you’ll be always most welcome and we look forward to host you again at the Zuzabed Lisbon Suites for the next Anniversary

All my best regards wishing you all happy travels,

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Last January I made a birthday surprise to my husband and took him to this hotel. The location is perfect with all kinds of restaurants and bars just a few minutes away and as the same time we have this quiet and lovely place that feels like home! Thank you Luís and Luís! See you soon!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ana S
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Good afternoon dear Ana,

I thank you so much for the kind words and I'm happy to know the ZUZABED LISBON SUITES were the perfect place for you to spend the special day of your lives.
At ZUZA we do like to make our Guests feel at home and to do everything helping them to have the best stay possible in Lisbon city center!

We look forward to have the chance to host you again in the future.

All my best regards,