All reviewslisbon suitesluis zuzartezuza bedother guestscastle roombairro altoprivate patioyogurtbreakfast tableeach morninghome away from homehameach guestflights of stairsliving roomrossio stationbeautiful city
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The property is well located for sightseeing and night life. The apartment itself was large and comfortable with all of the modern conveniences. Luis and his staff were great! The app was helpful, but the staff were always available to answer any questions and give recommendations. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cherylnigel2015
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Goooood morning dears Cheryl & Nigel,

Thank you so much for accepting your family suggestion to contact us for your special celebration in Lisbon. Was a pleasure to meet you and although during such a busy time of the year in Lisbon - Lisbon St. Anthony Festivities - I'm happy to know you had a wonderful time staying with us here in Lisbon city center.
You do have the ZUZA spirit and you’ll be always most welcome and we look forward to host you again at the Zuzabed Lisbon Suites for the next Anniversary

All my best regards wishing you all happy travels,

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Last January I made a birthday surprise to my husband and took him to this hotel. The location is perfect with all kinds of restaurants and bars just a few minutes away and as the same time we have this quiet and lovely place that feels like home! Thank you Luís and Luís! See you soon!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ana S
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Good afternoon dear Ana,

I thank you so much for the kind words and I'm happy to know the ZUZABED LISBON SUITES were the perfect place for you to spend the special day of your lives.
At ZUZA we do like to make our Guests feel at home and to do everything helping them to have the best stay possible in Lisbon city center!

We look forward to have the chance to host you again in the future.

All my best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We have stayed in a suite of ZuzaBed in Lisbon for 4 nights. The apartment is great, everything is there. The location is even better! Right in the middle of the center of Lisbon. We have done everything by foot
Luis is a great host, he gave us a lot of information about the city.
Every day there was a fresh breakfast in the fridge and every morning fresh bread.
We promised to come back to Lisbon and then we will sleep with Luis again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank christa_zegers
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hello dear Christa,

Thank you so much for the time you took to write your lines sharing your ZUZA experience with all readers! :-)
I'm pleased to read that you had a wonderful time staying at the so comfortable Zuzabed Lisbon Suites and found the apartment a great one ideal for your 4 nights and the service/hospitality provided the ideal one. At ZUZA we like to make our guests to feel at home helping everyone to enjoy this A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. city much as possible. It's true that our location is SUPER :-) and from there it's possible to walk everywhere day & night to explore this beautiful city or simply going out for dinner.
I'm happy to know I will have the pleasure to host you back in the future and knowing that you are now already part of the ZUZA Family, of course you'll be always most welcome to stay at one of my Accommodations! I'll be here with my arms wide open waiting for you to say welcome to Zuza! :-)

All my kind regards and see you soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Booked a B&B at Zuza after being recommended from a friend and checking Tripadvisor. Ended up in a Zuzabed appartment in Baira Alto, rua Lux Soriano 116. It was a disaster. Dark like a dungeon, an extremely poor bed, a bathroom with mold and extremely noisy. We booked 5 nights but have left after one night to stay in a hotel, being extremely disappointed. We have not requested any money back, nor have been offered any. We have informed Zuzabed we were leaving after booking the Santa Justa hotel, as I lost all confidence in Zuzabed over our stay. Likely our friend stayed in another property as listed on Tripadvisor. Make sure to get the proper appartment.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gert1965
ZUZABED, Owner at B&B Zuzabed, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

At ZUZA we do have several kinds of accommodation in order to satisfy all kind of travelers but of course even knowing that, Zuzabed isn't for the likes of everyone, as everything in life. Not everybody likes yellow!!!

Reading your review came as a shock! Why? I know I can't please everyone but outright lying is not acceptable. It smacks of slander against my name.

To clarify readers, remember, that it was you that had chosen this particular apartment. You didn’t book the B&B and it was not our decision to place you in there as your review suggests. This apartment you have chosen to book is a typical cottage style house very commonly found in the Bairro alto district (one of the oldest districts of Lisbon). The fishermen lived here and the working families, hence the small compact size and style which is very common on the narrow streets of the Bairro. Lots of Guests look for this kind of accommodation to immerse themselves into the everyday city life/culture.
When you called us on June 12th, after one night sleeping, Diego, from Zuza Team (same person you met at check-in) immediately contacted you. After you had expressed your unhappiness, he quickly offered to move you to another location and which you promptly rejected that possibility stating that you were just informing us that you had already booked another hotel to move into. You made that decision prior to talk with us thus not allowing us to find a solution as we always do.

I want to tell you that I was listening to the recording of the phone call conversation between you and Diego and on the phone call you clearly said, “no refund necessary/I’m not looking for refund, I’m just informing you that we are leaving”, when you opted to move to another hotel. Diego, clearly asked if there was something we could do for you, or changing your mind to leave and you said “that there is nothing you can do for us, I’ve talked with my wife and we have decided to book another hotel”. I took you at your word. If given the chance, we would have been happy to show you other available accommodations and discussed a possible refund package (an option that you clearly said that was not what you were looking for). Unfortunately, you chose not to do this and wrote a scathing review in the very same day with the intent to harm my business. I resent this action.

Regarding noise, yes staying in the heart of the city comes with noise... all kinds of city sounds, voices, music, cars and not to forget that you were travelling in the busiest and most festive time/weekend of the year in Lisbon!!!

I do believe that TA is a great forum where travelers should express their travel experiences but I believe it should be used with honesty (from both sides) stating the real situation showing also how owners must deal with the situation. Unfortunately, your review clearly wanted to show “the negatives” and in any second you were able to tell the world that we wanted to help you and you rejected that possibility.

The toilet seat unfortunately has become loose which I apologize for this. It was just a matter of screw tightening, which we did. It has been corrected since. As for the “mold” in the bathroom, I had a professional take a look at it and the findings were simply mildew and our housekeeping will continue to address this issue. With all my honesty, I have to say that right after “your stay” other Guests (in their 50’s) stayed there and raved about the apartment. Obviously, it’s a personal preference and makes us all individual. Once again I’m sorry that you did not allow us to handle this matter for you. It would have been my greatest pleasure to offer you an alternative ZUZA Apartment to your liking instead of the one you had chosen to stay in.
About the bed, with all my honesty I can tell you that quite often Guests staying in this apartment mention the comfortable mattress and good night sleep knowing the bedroom is in the back of the apartment. Anyway, I can understand that sometimes, when travelling we find differences on mattresses, different from what we used to sleep in our own homes. I include myself in this group.

I only regret I was unable to meet you in person during your brief stay. I would have been more than happy to work with you towards securing a suitable accommodation. You failed to give me this chance and instead, immediately ran to TA forum which cannot help you with a change of accommodation and more; only attempt to slander my business. By doing this you’ve closed all chances to do so.

Still, I wish you the best of times in my beautiful city and hope you can enjoy and soak in the culture and the gorgeous natural light and festivities that abound during this special time of the year. Best wishes.

I remain sincerely yours,

Reviewed 7 June 2017

What a location! We were walkable to everything, surrounded by restaurants, nightlife and great beauty.
Hosts Luis, Anna and Diego form a wonderful team that made sure all of our needs were taken care of. We have no doubt they truly care and are not just going through the motions. Luis, thank you for your personal note upon our leaving. Having one of them there at breakfast to make sure everything was alright was very comforting, and we'd go back to Lisbon just to hang out with them a bit more.
Breakfasts were generous and well prepared. Our room had a lovely walkout that overlooked all of the action and provided a great panorama of the city. We spent a lot of time out there.
This place is wonderful. If you're planning a trip to Lisbon, don't miss it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple