“Excellent place for light meal”
Review of Augusto Lisboa

Augusto Lisboa
Ranked #31 of 5,061 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: USD 6 - USD 23
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Graça & São Vicente
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We had a really good experience here for light lunch. Excellent food (try the strawberries gazpacho!) and desserts, and very friendly owner.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Small place in the popular quarters of Lissabon.

Really friendly and good service. Fantastic red wine and cheese. Among the best I ever had and have it a lot.

Small menu, but good dishes. We had cold cuts, soup and a cheese variety, all really good.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Located centrally in the old town, this was a very nice stop for lunch. We had the meat and cheese platters with some soup and a really nice bottle of red wine.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Update Comment 3 Aug 2018

The review (see below) was written within hours of dining at Augusto Lisboa or about nine and a half months ago. I meant to post my review to TripAdvisor immediately, but I realized today that I had forgotten to post the review.

I wrote the review on a note app on my phone during a ride-share from the restaurant. I just found that note again today and realized my oversight. I am so happy to learn that Augusto Lisboa has received so many great TripAdvisor reviews in the intervening time.

Augusto Lisboa now ranks 19th among 4,129.

When I wrote the review, few images of Augusto Lisboa's interior had been posted on Trip Advisor. I don't post photos.

Review 22 Oct 2018
At the time that I'm writing this review (22 October 2017) the four year old Augusto Lisboa is ranked 13th among 3,856 restaurants reviewed on TripAdvisor. Consideration of this fact speaks volumes about this lovely establishment.

This informal dining space contains a small bar and a kitchen fronted by a glass wall. The floor is terraced. Although the restaurant is small, the husband and wife owners/proprietors have succeeded in making their charming restaurant feel spacious.

This establishment is exceedingly well regarded by the TripAdvisor community for its breakfasts. The menu is simple, but it contains all of the essential ingredients for a memorable meal. Particularly noteworthy standouts among our selections were the homemade gazpacho (prepared by the wife) and the sorbets (especially the lemon--prepared by the husband).

While Augusto Lisboa delighted us with its food, we will likely never forget how we were touched by our interactions with the owners. This French couple is enthusiastic about their joint venture and equally passionate about their food and their new home base in Lisbon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Amaging food friendly staff good atmosphere service was very first one of my best meal I ever had in my life.will be back again.