“Expensive ”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Service was very friendly but the food was average and really expensive! The atmosphere was like a factory dining hall. There are much better places in town!

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

After arriving at hotel nearby we headed to this cafe, the windows are full of beautiful pastries and there is an outside area protected by glass against the traffic.

Staff so friendly, helpful and fun. We shared a bottle of local wine and the staff brought us some homemade 'wafers' that were delicious.

We ate breakfast there every day of our stay ( is closed Sundays). Advice is to ensure you have a menu to check costs and choice. First breakfast was brilliant as advised by staff but was a little too much everyday ( fresh orange juice great but 4.5 euros). Enjoyed the omelettes that come with wonderful buttery toast ( one is plenty or share), friends enjoyed the cheese toasts.

Often English speaking staff would come and explain some of the Portuguese pastries that went with breakfast, wine etc.

Wonderful varieties of sugared almonds perfect for presents.

The pastries da natal I think equalled if not bettered those of Bellum.

Can sit inside as outside area can get full.

Real

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Great little bakery. We stayed at a hotel two doors down so this provided us with breakfast everyday. Lovely!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Was a little bit like a lost lamb at first as I was on my own. Asked a member of staff if I sit down or buy first then sit, to which he replied yes, feeling none the wiser I sat down. Menu seemed simple, omelettes fish etc but don't be fooled other people's plates looked delicious. How ever I came to try Portuguese pastries which I realised now you buy then sit! That staff member must have been feeling sorry for me as he came over and asked if I needed help, very nice man after all! I ordered a quiche, traditional Portuguese pastry and a coffee, which was delicious and very well priced at €5! Will definitely return!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

The best Lisbon bar/bakery...today as 5 years ago when I was living in Lisbon! Nice but authenticl staff in this bar that serve the best breakfast I ate in Portugal