“Quick and easy spot for lunch!”
Review of Vitaminas Garrett

Vitaminas Garrett
Ranked #1,105 of 5,070 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: USD 6 - USD 9
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Chiado & Carmo
Description: The pleasure of a fast... and healthy meal! Colorful salads and sandwiches that respect your body. Drop in for a visit and give us your review!
Reviewed 20 October 2017

My husband and I stopped for a quick bite to eat the other day while in Lisbon and enjoyed a grilled turkey, cheese and tomato sandwich and strawberry-mango juice; both were very tasty and quickly delivered. This restaurant reminded us of the Subway chain of restaurants in America. The salad makings displayed in a nearby case looked very fresh and there seemed to be a good number of customers ordering them. Along with other recent reviews, I would have to agree that the woman behind the counter taking our order could have been more pleasant; we weren't sure how much English she spoke as there seemed to be a little difficulty with her explaining and understanding what we wanted......hard to know exactly what was going on, but we were quite satisfied with our choices. Nothing fancy but certainly adequate for a simple lunch.

Afonso M, Guest Relations Manager at Vitaminas Garrett, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hello BKandCB, Thank you for your visit and review. Thanks, Vitaminas

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Hard to find a seat in here as it is so popular at lunch time. For good reason since the ingredients for sandwiches and salads are so fresh and beautiful. Low prices. Very friendly staff.

Hello Thomas, Thank you for your visit and positive review. Vitaminas

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Simple lunch, but it feels just right in the heath. You can choose from a menue or make your own choice. Ok value for the money. Fresh tasty juicen to go with the food.

Ana D, Guest Relations Manager at Vitaminas Garrett, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Bente L, thank you so much for your visit and for your feedback :) Vitaminas

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

This was our first long day in Lisbon after an overnight transatlantic flight with no sleep. We really just wanted a quick salad, a drink and something quickly ordered so we could go back to the hotel and crash. We were in the height of the tourist district and entered this restaurant asked in Portuguese if the woman spoke English. She rudely replied no and dismissed us with her hand. When we clearly didn't leave, she pointed to the menus on the wall, which were complicated billboards basically allowing you to build your own salad with 5 ingredients; only you needed to speak Portuguese to tell them the ingredients you wanted. Then she snapped at us asking if we were ready to order. I asked if I could order a ham and cheese sandwich and she told me "no". She ignored us and helped other people who arrived after us. So I went to the cashier (the rude woman was the person preparing the salads/sandwiches) and struggled to order in Portuguese. At this point she spoke perfect English and helped us order a salad AND a sandwich (I guess you could order sandwiches in the end!). It was a fast food place so after you paid, you picked up your meal and sat down to eat. Personally if I wasn't exhausted from my travels I would never have stayed and put up with the abuse. In addition, by Lisbon standards, it was not that cheap. The sandwich was €6.50 and the Salads 8€ and the juice 2.3€. The only reason I gave the review a 3 versus a 2 is because the multivitamin drink was outstanding and a perfect answer to jet lag. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you know exactly what you are getting into or you speak the language, or you don't mind being abused!

1  Thank LKWendel
Raquel S, Guest Relations Manager at Vitaminas Garrett, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Hello LKWendel. We are very sorry to hear about your visit to Vitaminas. It is definitely not the experience we would like our costumers to have. We would like to talk to you to better understand what has happenned, so we have sent you a private message. Thank you so much for your review, Vitaminas Team

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We were initially excited about this place as it looked like it would be a really nice option for my wife, who is vegetarian.

However, aside from the fact that the food was tasty enough (if a bit unexciting) we were disappointed by many things.

1- The server was disinterested and unhelpful to the point of rudeness.

2- The food was overpriced:
I've had a full meal in Lisbon (a lunch deal with wine, coffee, soup, main, dessert)- around 7 euros for just over the price of my sandwich here- more than 6 Euros.

I tried to investigate the meal deal but the way they described it to me 'the sandwich is very small' didn't really sell it to me. Maybe they wanted me to spend more.

3- There were three of us eating and the sandwiches came out at completely different times, with no apology or thought that we might want to eat together.

4- The menu said that the sandwich my wife ordered would be served hot. It didn't come hot so we had to ask, again with no apology. If it is company policy that the customer has to ask, it would be nice if it was suggested as an option to the customer, especially if it is obvious the customer is a first-time visitor to the shop.

5- Probably more than 5 minutes after our sandwiches were ordered, the server told us that one of the key ingredients had run out (we were the only customers ordering at that point so no idea how it took her so long to find out). She presented this fact with no apology either for the missing ingredient or the fact she had waited so long to tell us.

From the response to comments on here it seems like the owner really cares about their business. If you do, I suggest you get different staff and lower your prices a bit.

2  Thank AlexSwallow