“Great food, but prepare for a long table wait”
Review of Cervejaria Ramiro

Cervejaria Ramiro
Ranked #278 of 4,855 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food was fabulous.... best seafood in town.
However prepare yourself to take a ticket and wait for your number to be called and a table to be available.
In our case it was a Friday night and a public holiday so I’m not sure if this is normal but we waited 2 hours to get seated.
You can get drinks and buttered bread whilst waiting but nevertheless that’s a long wait
Food was totally fab

Write a ReviewReviews (8,221)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Don’t get me wrong, the shellfish is good, but the eating atmosphere is the worst of the worst, it is worse than the worst fast food meal place. I felt like I was in the noisiest auction market in the world. Next time we want eat shellfish we will look for a better place that you really can enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The best seafood I've ever eaten and I e eaten a lot :) we were there last Friday in january, arrived around 8.30, you have to take a ticket at the entrance and then wait for you ticket nr to be called. You wait outside in the beer garden, tokens available inside with which you can pour yourself a pint in the beer garden. We waited an hour to be called, had great chats with a diverse group of tourists/locals waiting to be seated.
The food itself was fabulous, very fresh, we had garlic prawns, razor clams, red giant prawns, giant prawns and fresh water crab, few beers, the bill was just over €100 and we were stuffed.
I'd go back in a heartbeat! Amazing experience, far away from the fine dining, I mean sweaty hot, loud, super busy, paper tablecloths, spilling beer everywhere, but seafood was something else!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A fantastic experience. Delicious shellfish and friendly staff make this characterful restaurant a gem. You order the vast majority of dishes by weight so it’s best to err on the side of caution initially. Then once you have found your bearings you can ask for the menu a second time and order with more confidence. Try the prawns in garlic - they are a delight!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I love Anthony Bourdain so when we saw the Lisbon episode two plus years ago, we knew we would be going during our eventual trip to Lisbon. When we got there at 1, the line was insanely long so we went for a walk and drink elsewhere and returned about an hour later. The line was substantially shorter. It was pure chaos though as more and more people lined up at the front of the line trying to cut in front of those who had been there. After about 40 minutes, one of the workers came out and herded those people in the right direction to the back of the line. We waited about 50 minutes to get in. Maybe my hopes were too high but I thought this was a good meal but not amazing. My husband thought it was better than I did. We ordered the garlic clams (my favorite part), garlic shrimp (second favorite), edible crab (it was good, room temp, very messy), and giant prawns (I thought they were overdone and chewy but my husband loved them). We ordered a bottle of vinho verde and were not disappointed in that. You definitely don't go here for 5 star service so don't expect to be treated very well or have a lot of time spent on you. I think once was enough for me and I won't be returning in the future.