“Fish market?”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Don’t get me wrong, the shellfish is good, but the eating atmosphere is the worst of the worst, it is worse than the worst fast food meal place. I felt like I was in the noisiest auction market in the world. Next time we want eat shellfish we will look for a better place that you really can enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Cristina C
Write a ReviewReviews (8,127)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The best seafood I've ever eaten and I e eaten a lot :) we were there last Friday in january, arrived around 8.30, you have to take a ticket at the entrance and then wait for you ticket nr to be called. You wait outside in the beer garden, tokens available inside with which you can pour yourself a pint in the beer garden. We waited an hour to be called, had great chats with a diverse group of tourists/locals waiting to be seated.
The food itself was fabulous, very fresh, we had garlic prawns, razor clams, red giant prawns, giant prawns and fresh water crab, few beers, the bill was just over €100 and we were stuffed.
I'd go back in a heartbeat! Amazing experience, far away from the fine dining, I mean sweaty hot, loud, super busy, paper tablecloths, spilling beer everywhere, but seafood was something else!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A fantastic experience. Delicious shellfish and friendly staff make this characterful restaurant a gem. You order the vast majority of dishes by weight so it’s best to err on the side of caution initially. Then once you have found your bearings you can ask for the menu a second time and order with more confidence. Try the prawns in garlic - they are a delight!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My husband and I love Anthony Bourdain so when we saw the Lisbon episode two plus years ago, we knew we would be going during our eventual trip to Lisbon. When we got there at 1, the line was insanely long so we went for a walk and drink elsewhere and returned about an hour later. The line was substantially shorter. It was pure chaos though as more and more people lined up at the front of the line trying to cut in front of those who had been there. After about 40 minutes, one of the workers came out and herded those people in the right direction to the back of the line. We waited about 50 minutes to get in. Maybe my hopes were too high but I thought this was a good meal but not amazing. My husband thought it was better than I did. We ordered the garlic clams (my favorite part), garlic shrimp (second favorite), edible crab (it was good, room temp, very messy), and giant prawns (I thought they were overdone and chewy but my husband loved them). We ordered a bottle of vinho verde and were not disappointed in that. You definitely don't go here for 5 star service so don't expect to be treated very well or have a lot of time spent on you. I think once was enough for me and I won't be returning in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I took my mom here for her birthday, which also happened to be the last night we were in Lisbon. I thought we would be smart showing up around 7:30pm since dinner doesn't normally start to get busy until around 8pm. Boy, was I wrong. We arrived around 7:45pm and had a 30-45min wait to be seated. Since the weather was decent and the process was pretty fast in comparison to how many people were there, we couldn't complain.

Once we were seated, the process to order food was pretty expedited. The food was cooked to perfection. The lobster was wonderful (they even brought it out to make sure the size was alright). I don't have a bad thing to say about this place ... even the bathrooms exceeded my expectations.

I would definitely recommend this place for celebrations of any sort or just a nice night out.