Pensao Globo
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lisbon
See available hotels
memmo Principe Real(Lisbon)
  • Bar/Lounge
Orion Eden(Lisbon)
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been for two days,it s a nice place in the BARRIO ALTO,it is in the centre of Lisbon,everything it s near and you can walk around easily,it is a very nice place very cheap and very clean.I stayed alone in a double bed with a private bathroom:clean and comfortable,no noise in the night,agreeable staff multilingual. I very enjoyed this place,and i wish i come back soon

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Located in the Barrio Alto which is close to music venues and cafés and restaurants but on a quiet street this met with all our requirements. On our second night there we were upgraded to a better room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jon_tbone
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed in a room located at the first floor. The room was little and the tiny bathroom had a glass door, but it was good as I was alone. I didn't booked when I arrived there so they did a very good price, 20 euros. At a hostel price, I had a private room with a private bathroom: excellent!!!!!! I will come back in Lisbon in june and I surely want to stay in Pensao Globo again. It's in the heart of Bairro Alto, but it is in a quiet position. In the very nearby you have a very good point view of the city. The nearest metro station is Restauradores (then you have to take the Gloria elevator: it costs 3,60 euros if you pay it onboard so remember to recharge your Lisbon transport card!! Chiado is 10 minutes walking. Perfect position. Nice people.

Room Tip: If you are sharing the room with somebody else maybe you should ask if they have a little bit larger room and a bathroom with a wood door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank stefania r
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed here for the second time during the Easter week (Semana Santa) here in early April. They've renovated and improved this pension a LOT from the first time I stayed here in 2004. Each room now has it's own bath - if you're staying alone it is no problem, but if you're with someone you aren't intimately familiar with be sure you check the particular room first. The first room we were in was on the 2nd floor with a tiny, but separate bathroom. We thought it was too dark and so we moved up to the 3rd floor - much nicer room but this bathroom was separated by a frosted, sliding glass door so it doesn't allow for much privacy. It didn't matter to us, and the fact the the Globo is located at the top of Barrio Alto's 'transvia' with a view of the city and groovy bars and restaurants within a minute's walk makes this a perfect place to stay. The rooms on the top floor are the best - worth the price if you want a bit more quiet and more space.

Room Tip: This place is a bit informal....they don't take credit cards and they request that you call a couple of days before you arrive just to ensure that the room is being reserved for you. It's a bit unorthodox, to be sure, but it seems to work OK. Not having a credit card reservation can work both ways...you could arrive without a room, but you can also change your hotel plans without paying a penalty.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen H
Reviewed 15 November 2010

This little guesthouse was a real gem. I travelled with a group of friends and we all liked it. The location is fantastic and there are plenty of options for shopping and eating nearby.
The rooms are all individually decorated, modern and stylish.
The staff of the guesthouse (especially Elena and Gisela) went over and beyond of what was expected of them and made our stay that extra special.

The thing that wasn't so good was that the double beds in some of the rooms are a bit on the small size...
Also, if noise bothers you, you might want to bring some earplugs with you. While the guesthouse is located in a quiet street, it is still in Bairro Alto which is the nightlife area of Lisboa and some noise is inevitable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends