1,743 results
All reviewsrossio squarezen floorgreat locationrua augustafree welcome drinktoilet paperoverlooking the squarecentral locationnespresso machinefirst floorthe hotel staffsmall roompedestrian streetthe heart of the citypastriesamazing hotelwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I recently booked this hotel to stay at with my daughter.After reading reviews, I felt comfortable pre-paying for our stay. When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was the overwhelming air freshener..the room was small and not at all luxurious, which you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The bathroom had cracked tile and in place of a bidet is basically a hose. When I told the Manager we were leaving(after staying long enough to find a new hotel) he informed me we wouldn’t be getting a refund for any of our stay. Do yourself a favor and find a different place to stay..extremely busy location, bad rooms and horrible decor.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank elizabethgkramer
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Very good service, nice room, excellent location in downtown Lisbon. Lots of things within easy walking distance. Top notch included breakfast. They speak excellent English. Was happy with room. Staff were quite accommodating.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I stayed during early February and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! As a solo traveler I felt very safe in the hotel and the location was very central (right off Rossio Square) for getting to nearby attractions and restaurants and was perfect for wandering and exploring the city. The overall look and feel of the hotel is very modern and stylish. The single room I stayed in was a decent size and was very nicely decorated. The hotel restaurant had very tasty food and was very convenient for late night snacking. The staff was very helpful and attentive. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
I_Design_Hotel, Gestor de Front Office at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Jamila O,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the world.
It sounds like you left with such wonderful memories and we couldn't be happier you enjoyed our rooms, the food at Bastardo restaurant, and our typical portuguese hospitality.
Next time you wish to visit Lisbon, stay with us again and ask for a different room concept (i believe you had the tribal experience) and you might like to try other themes.
We hope we have the chance to welcome you in Lisbon in a next chance.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Great location next to Rossio Square - while rooms are small and bathrooms tiny - you can opt for a larger room. We didn't spend much time in the room so it was adequate for our visit. Staff is amazingly friendly, professional & efficient. Staff offered great recommendations, printed Email items, always greeted us with a smile and were a pleasure to interact with. We had dinner in hotel restaurant once - good food but service was a bit slow. Location is great for exploring, easy access to several public transportation options, restaurants, bars, etc. There was a wonderful food market held in the plaza next door - check it out if you're in the area this week. Would certainly recommend this hotel to family & friends. Really enjoyed our stay in Lisbon. Till next time...

Room Tip: We had the smallest room but small balcony views of Rossio Sq. Opt for larger room is you plan to spend lots of time in room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This hotel has what is probably the very best location in all of Lisbon, right on Rossio Square. We could walk everywhere around Lisbon from this central location and there are a wealth of restaurants within a 5 minute walk. We loved the very modern décor in what is a historic building, service was great, breakfast which was included in our rate was excellent and we enjoyed drinks in the small but lovely bar. So why the 3 star review....the room. We booked one of their suites which was not huge but good sized. It was a corner suite over looking Rossio Square with several balconies which you could walk out on. The issue was the impractical décor of the room. There was actually no place to unpack. I expect to be able to unpack and not live out of my suitcase in a high end hotel, particularly a suite. In the large bathroom there was absolutely no space on the vanity to use for toiletries, etc. and a small glass shelf protruded from the wall as you went in which I kept hitting my shoulder on. There was plenty of space to make the room more accommodating including a separate sitting area which was totally underused with just a loveseat and nothing else in it. They really need to rethink how guests use an accommodation and furnish and equip accordingly. There is also a very high step over the tub to get into it and use the shower. This could be a major problem for the elderly or anyone with arthritis so be warned. That being said, we really did enjoy our stay here, it just could have been more comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple