My experience with this hotel was an overall positive one. The staff was very friendly as soon as I entered and the front desk was extremely accommodating; I had arrived early and they were gracious enough to find a room that was ready. The one that was ready right away was on the "pop" themed floor. As I had just traveled 16 hours I was so exhausted I took it instead of taking the recommendation of reception and waiting for a room on another floor to be ready.
I read other reviews that said to avoid the "pop" themed floor and I couldn't agree more. The room had bright yellow walls, a bright pink linoleum floor with lighter colored pink polka dots and plastic furniture. The bathroom had a bright green wall with an Andy Warhol quote on the wall. The other thing I need to note is that the ceilings towards the outside wall were slanted and unavoidable in the bathroom due to the room being on the top floor. I'm 5'8" and had to either walk near the sink to get to the shower or else duck.
I had a couple minor issues with my room so the following day I went to the front desk and explained what was going on (shower not draining as quickly as it should and an espresso machine that leaked a full tank of water all over). The same woman who had checked me in the day before immediately moved me to another room on the "tribal" floor. What a difference! The decor was warm and the overall quality felt much higher; even the towels were larger and thicker.
- Amazing location (close to metro, shops, restaurants)
- English speaking staff (front desk, bellmen, bartender)
- Sound proofed extremely well (couldn't hear neighbors and it was quiet when there was construction directly outside my window)
- Free WiFi
- Transportation to the airport for 10 euro (less expensive than a taxi)
- Many English speaking TV channels
- High quality bathroom amenities (soap, body wash, shampoo, lotion)
- Relatively large rooms for Europe
- Climate control
- Poor lighting in both room and bathroom
- No clock (they do offer wake up calls though)
- Bathroom door is frosted glass and wouldn't provide total privacy if traveling with another
Overall this is a great hotel and definitely the place I'll stay if I return to Lisbon (as long as it's not on the "pop" floor").
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design