Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Claire D
San Francisco, California

Convenient stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 July 2023
Off the beaten path. I heard after the fact that this is a very new hotel, as in a few months' old so they continue to work out the kinks. I would actually rate this hotel itself a 3 but the customer service from the front desk was a 5; therefore the 4 rating. You are literally on top of the train AND Metro station, which is very convenient but can also be annoying if you are not from a city and used to absolute peace and quiet. You will hear the train announcements late at night and early in the morning. You are also right in front of a bus stop which is super convenient. But since a station is located here, you will see the occasional homeless person taking refuge around the hotel.

We arrived early and there were no available rooms. They don't have basic toiletry kits. The room is somewhat small with very tall ceilings. The shower stall leaks water since the doors don't seal all the way. Coffee maker was great. Also liked the fact that water was provided daily and you could drink the beverages in the refrigerator just once before having to pay. Located next to some wonderful restaurants, the pharmacy, and some sites.

Everyone at the front desk was very friendly. Customer service was wonderful.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Carolina Almeida, Serviços ao cliente/atendimento at The Editory Riverside Santa Apolónia Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 9 Aug 2023
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your preference and for sharing your opinion regarding your recent stay at The Editory Riverside! We work hard every day to ensure the best possible experience for our guests.
We regret to know you had some service inconsistencies during your stay for which we apologize, your feedback was shared with all our teams to prevent it to happen again.
All your comments helps us improving our service continuously!
AU$471
    AU$546
    AU$685
1.8 km from The Editory Riverside Santa Apolónia Hotel
View more hotels in Lisbon
All reviews wonderful hotel in a great location comfortable stay glass door five minute walk hotel is located excellent stay yogurt would definitely stay here again comfortable beds train porto alfama luxe wifi desk shampoo district
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2023

Biggest problem was cleanliness: filthy floor, stains on chairs, toothpaste spots on the bathroom wall, lipmarks on the glassware and worst of all used slippers ( I noticed too late, put those on before stepping on the hotel rooms floor).
Second day they also forgot to clean our room.

No place to hang any clothes, we had everything in the suitcase for 3 days we stayed here.
Breakfast was not so generous and hard to get coffee.

We even wrote to hotel management via website, but they never answered.
Hotel advertises to have 5 stars, would say 2 or 3 star is closer to the truth.

Lisbon is absolutely wonderful city and full of excellent hotels, so we would never choose this hotel anymore.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carolina Almeida, Serviços ao cliente/atendimento at The Editory Riverside Santa Apolonia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2023

Dear Guest,
All your comments helps us improving our service continuously!
We look forward to have another oportunity to welcome you back at Lisbon.

Reviewed 5 July 2023

I canceled my reservation the day before check-in. I couldn't fly out of the USA on time because of days of storms and all the canceled flights.

I was fine paying for one night. Things like that are the cost of traveling. But the hotel charged me for the entire length of the reservation.

It seems the Editory Riverside Santa Apolonia and Hotels.com went back and forth about who needed to process the cancellation for two days. They did that until after the arrival day. And then decided they would charge me for the entire stay.

When I arrived in Lisbon, I visited the hotel to explain the situation. The manager refused to speak to me.

I know Lisbon pretty well. It's a safe city. This hotel is in one of the shadier areas. You also get a lot of noise because it's above a train station and a busy square, as you'll read in other reviews.

I wanted to be on this side of town for a few days. I was traveling alone. Figured I'd save a little money. I'd never stay at this hotel with my family.

I have this all documented. I used text messages and apps for most of my communications. I'm confident my credit card company will reverse the charges when they see my records.

Do you want to deal with these kinds of problems on your vacation? There is a city full of better neighborhoods and hotels waiting for you.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Carolina Almeida, Serviços ao cliente/atendimento at The Editory Riverside Santa Apolonia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2023

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your reservation at The Editory Riverside.
We regret to aknowledge that you had your flight canceled and therefore you could not arrive to our hotel in your check in date.
As your reservation wasn't managed directly with the hotel, the policy of it was that in case of cancelation or no show, the full amount of your stay was going to the fully charged.
You have this information written on your confirmation from Hotels.com, so there is no room for any refund according to the policy of your reservation, so we regret that you consider this a decision from the hotel.
Our rooms are completely insonorised so our guests are not disturbed by the train station movement, which you would had verified if you had indeed stayed at our hotel.
Finnally and equally important, in any moment any Manager refused to meet you or to be informed about your situation, indeed you visit the hotel but out of the office hours of the Front Office Manager and the General Manager of the Hotel, as you were properly informed by the Front Desk Staff.
I'm glad to clarify any other questions you may have regarding this subject.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2023

My wife and I arrived by train to Santa Apolonia station from Porto. Although the hotel couldn't be closer we wandered about before asking for directions at the station's tourist information desk (duh).
Once we got there, the entire desk and lobby staff were friendly and helpful.
Arriving in the afternoon, and staying only one night before returning to the States, we wanted to have an evening in the Alfama district, including some Fado music. We were not disappointed!
It is about a five minute walk to Plaza Alfama, another 2-3 minutes to the Fado Museum, and only several more minutes to the Club des Fado for dinner and a show. All felt very safe and the district after dark is a kaleidoscope of happy sounds, delicious smells, and colorful lights.
Our hotel room was modern -- and the first one we experienced in Portugal with a real in-room coffee service, mini refrigerator, many English-language apps on the TV service, and Kleenex (or equivalent) in the bathroom.
Because the hotel seems to be a recent adaptation from original office space built into the upper floors of the old railway station, the layout of the rooms (ours, at least) had the towels stored in the closet next to the entry door, not in the bathroom, where there was no space for them. Not much of an inconvenience, but odd. Overall, an enjoyable short stay.

Room tip: Look behind the bus stop, on the port side of the station for the hotel entrance.
1  Thank jimtay3
Carolina Almeida, Serviços ao cliente/atendimento at The Editory Riverside Santa Apolonia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2023

Dear Guest,

Rest assured that we apreciate all your feedback which will help us improving our services continuously!

Reviewed 17 June 2023

Sadly, this was one of the worst hotel experiences I’ve ever had and I travel quite a bit. The room is like a coffin, it is so incredibly small. For someone with claustrophobia, it is extremely challenging to be in a space like this. The window looked to the side of the train station, which only increased the confined feeling. The shower stall (separate from the toilet) is also small and the water would fill up and run out onto the bedroom floor. The shower water only get warm, but never hot. I reached out to the hotel (Nadia at the front desk) about this and she refused to help me and in addition to being quite rude about the situation, she suggested I pay an additional $65 Euro a night to switch rooms (which was $35 euro more than what is being advertised for the night on Expedia/booking). Her reasoning was that I’d already checked in -this seamed ridiculous to me because obviously I’d have to check in to know what the room experience is. All around, she didn’t care about my level of comfort which was quite disappointing. I wouldn’t recommend staying in this hotel ever. There is also a lot of construction going on around the hotel which isn’t directly related to the hotel but still a nuisance.

Room tip: The hotel decor is very nice. However, the experience over all and the service is deplorable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for sharing your opinion regarding your recent stay at The Editory Riverside.

At The Editory Riverside Hotel we work hard every day to ensure the best possible experience for our guests. We deeply regret that your stay did not meet your expectations.

All your comments are very important for us and will help us improve all the services we offer to our visitors.

We hope you consider our hotel on your next visit to Lisbon.

Reviewed 19 May 2023 via mobile

The Editory is an exceptional hotel designed for discerning travelers. It is full of character, having been renovated from one of the oldest train station in Portugal, keeping the vintage touches, but adding modern day conveniences with artistic flair. The staff was very responsive and the restaurant was a gourmet experience!

Room tip: The river side room with a balcony was amazing!
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carolina Almeida, Serviços ao cliente/atendimento at The Editory Riverside Santa Apolonia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2023

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you've specially enjoyed our decor as well as the quality of our restaurant Impulso!

Rest assured that we apreciate all your comments which will help us improving our services continuously!