“Comedy of errors”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon
Ranked #143 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I had a one-night stopover in Lisbon on the way home to USA from two weeks in Europe, and since I'm a Gold member of the Club Carlson Rewards Program, I booked the Radisson Blu Lisbon, mainly because it's close to the airport. After arrival, I called for a pickup from the hotel courtesy van. Driver arrived within five minutes and took me the ~5 km to the hotel. There were three hotel personnel checking in guests, and three people in line at each position. So I got on line. The check-in is SLOW (as in MAJOR slow). I don't know what it is that took them so much time, but nearly 20 minutes went by before I was checked in. Though I'm not really sensitive about it, the previous night I had stayed at a Park Inn in Oslo and was warmly welcomed as a Gold Rewards member. There was NO mention in Lisbon, and I was sent to my standard room (no upgrade). I got to the room, which was stuffy, so I turned on the A/C. As I tried to get logged on to the free Wifi, I heard a noise...it was water dripping from my ceiling! I called the front desk, and they said they'd send someone up to check it. I waited fifteen minutes, and then simply grabbed all of my things and went back down to the front desk to ask for another room. I had to wait on line again for about ten minutes. i explained to the staff member, who re-registered me in another room. I went up to that floor, opened the door, and sheets and bed coverings were piled on the floor, and the room was unmade. I immediately went back to the front desk. Again I had to wait. Luckily there was only one person ahead of me. I told the staff member about the room, and he apologized and moved me to a "superior" room (finally, my Gold upgrade!). I went to that room and entered. It was like a sauna. The A/C was set to heat (30C). So I switched to cool (5C!). It took several minutes for any air that was in some small way cool to begin coming out. I opened the window, but room windows can only be opened a couple of inches. Now nearly an hour had gone by. I wanted to get dinner, and the Radisson Blu has what reviews say is a nice restaurant, but I thought I'd see what else was in the neighborhood. I exited and turned left and walked around the block, but there was nothing around the hotel. So I walked back to the hotel, but noticed something to the RIGHT of the entrance: a Chinese restaurant. That's where I went. (I'll wait for the breakfast buffet in the morning to eat in the hotel.) When I got back to my room, it was still not cool. There is cool (not cold) air coming out of the vent, but the room is far from comfortable. I hope I'll be able to sleep. As I got settled in to my room, I wondered if I had to reserve the shuttle for the morning. So I called down and asked. And I found out that the shuttle was totally booked for the entire morning! So I'll take a cab. I hope the breakfast buffet is good, or I'll taxi to the airport and never look back. I wasn't impressed with THIS Radisson Blu (and I have stayed at a number of them all around the world)! I did NOT get my money's worth! Though there should be many things to attract a guest (location, WiFi, shuttle, etc.), my stay has been a comedy of errors. When I come back to Lisbon, I'll look for another property to stay at.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the airport or you'll hear planes takin...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Virgilio C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review regarding your stay at Radisson Blu Lisbon. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to start or end your travels to or thru Lisbon. It appears like a business facility however, has a charming bar/lounge and a truly great resturant. The rooms are large, which is a pleasant surprise after the hotels in Portugal and Spain. The rooms appear to be recently refurbished and the bathroom was appointed with all modern fixtures and necessaries. I would highly recommend this Hotel!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Lisbon. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again! Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I understand supply and demand but this hotel was outrageously priced. It's an airport hotel folks, nothing nearby ( except a subway station . However, what really annoyed me was a change of 1 Euro to make sure my credit card worked. Whatever happened to locking say $300 just to make sure I pay my extra fees. I've been a Radisson member for 30 years and never have I seen such a sketchy move - charging 1 Euro to your card to make sure it is a valid card. I've never seen this before at a Radisson hotel so I guess this place has a great Christmas office party. Shame on you Radisson.

Room Tip: avoid - Lisbon is a beautiful city. Stay somewhere nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Virgilio C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The Radisson Blu Hotel has many amenities, great personnel, good location, Airport shuttle and breakfast buffet is a really good option for those who travel early from Lisbon. The room was spacious, the room has a really nice bathroom. For me the best, was the service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and your experience at Radisson Blu Lisboa following your recent stay with us. We would also like to thank you for the nice compliments made to our staff, they are our best feature and we all put a lot of care in our job and are very happy to know our efforts are appreciated.
Very important your comments for us!
Yours Sincelery

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The good that bad and the ugly

The good. Room was nice and large. Good Wi-Fi speeds. Cleaned to a high standard. Good room services and restaurant menu but the steak was pants! Stone throw from the airport.

The bad - struggling to think. But I guess your about 10 minutes cab ride to city centre (e.g. can't walk)

The ugly - paid nearly €350 per night for 2 of my 5 days there, given it's a 4 star you really do pay for the brand. The gym was hole and it smelt really bad !

Otherwise keep up the great work guys. Would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business