We stayed in The House for 3 days and it was the worst hotel experience, ever.
1. The room. We booked room titled 'Library', and found some visitors reminded the following visitors that the bathroom is smelly, so I wrote to the owner regarding the problem and he CONFIRMED that the problem was SOLVED. BUT, actually, of course not, the smell of the bathroom (let alone the bathroom is right next to the bed! give the tiny size of the room!) kept company with us for three days, I was not able to sleep and felt that I lived in a toilet.
2. The Room, tiny, tiny tiny tiny, basically it's a bed, that's it. Honestly if the price is the same with the Youth Hotel, it's fine.. we take it, but the price is not that cheap!
3. Breakfast, horrible, not many choices, it's like hell compared to the B&B I stayed in Barcelona, and the price is actually comparable!
4. Sudden Electronic Power Off -- we experienced this ACCIDENT at 10 pm in the evening, heating is off, no wifi, it's total darkness! We called the hotel owner several times according to the "EMERGENCY NUMBER" he left at the reception, but was not able to reach him! My husband and I had to go out searching for external help. Luckily after about 40 minutes, a holland couple who also stayed in the hotel reached the owner. It took another hour for him to send someone to come and fix the problem. ITS NOT SAFE! and Please, if it's an emergency call, pick your phone!
5. Terrible Cleaner -- well it's rather trivial compared with the things above, but the cleaner would put the dirty cushion which you could see the stain on them and was on the floor before, onto the bed...
It's a terrible stay, or rather we are unlucky, but it simply fell unpleasant everyday after a day of walking.
The hotel owner gave us half refund, thanks for your sincerity, but it can not compensate this terrible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In what used to be a big family's home in the best neighbourhood in Lisbon, The HOUSE is a "boutique B&B" that offers its guests a sophisticated but relaxed ambiance inside, and a terrace with a breathtakingly beautiful view over Lisboa. Come, you will feel at home in The HOUSE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The House Hotel Lisbon