All reviewsroof terracemaster bedroomhonesty baryogurta lovely place to staytram stopwonderful cityquiet areafranciscobasilicaestrellaportugalneighborhoodstylishtaxisdalibrary
Reviewed 23 June 2016

In my second stay in The House, I was pleased and glad I came back. Lisbon is charming, it does not feel touristy the way other larger European capitols do. The House captures the best parts of Lisbon living. It is located away from busier sections such as Barria Alto or La Alfama, but public transport is easy to use (I like the walks - but it is a hilly city). The House is immediately next to a beautiful cathedral, a charming park, and a neat neighborhood with a new market. Francisco, the owner is great for recommendations. I like to pick restaurants on my own (I use Chowhound, TA, and NY Times "36 hours series") - so I will usually have an itinerary. He knows me well enough to say "you'll like that" or "that is more expensive than it is worth", and is always right on. He knows about out of the way restaurants and bars that TA never finds. I stayed (by accident) during the festival of St. Anthony my first visit. Francisco was able to draw out on a map where all the best music, food, and parties would be.

The rooms are small, but you feel as though you are staying in a guest house with beautiful common areas (especially the roof deck with one of the best views of the city). I've found it quiet both times I've stayed, and have enjoyed talking with other guests. This is not the inn to stay at if you want super luxury, but it is the one if you want to drink in the best Lisbon has too offer.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I was only in Lisbon for 1 night with work & although The HOUSE doesn't look anything special on the outside, it was a great find. The room, view, lounge area, balcony, roof terrace & most importantly the Francissco made this a great stay. I couldn't recommend this enough :) I am normally too lazy to complete a review, but this is an exceptional place.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2016

We stayed in the dressing room for 2 nights and 2 busy days. It's a great room with a private balcony which is very nice, however the view from the rooftop terrace is even better so don't worry if you can't get that particular room . The welcome was friendly, warm and helpful. Its a great location central to anything you need, and if you follow their advice on where to go, what to see and how to get there you can't go wrong. The communication with Francisco was great and I would give him 10 stars if I could.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MandDOntario_Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We stayed at TheHOUSE for 3 nights on our first visit to Lisbon and couldn't fault it at all.
From the moment you walk in and are greeted with so much warmth and genuine pleasure by the owner Francisco you are in for a treat.
Don't bother searching the internet for somewhere to stay , this is a superb guest house.
Francisco gives you lots of tips and information to make your trip to Lisbon special. He really has genuine enthusiasm and couldn't be more helpful.
As others have said , the views from the rooftop terrace are stunning and a well stocked honesty bar up there is a really good touch.
We stayed in the Nanny's room which was excellent.
The breakfast is very good and eggs are cooked if you wish.
All in all a great stay and we will recommend to everyone we know.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob N
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We had a very short visit at The House on our last night in Portugal before flying out so we did not get to fully take advantage of its benefits. The terrace is great and has a wonderful view. However, we stayed in the Library and that room has a bad sewage odor coming from the bathroom. Everything was clean but there must be some kind of plumbing problem with that room. I suspect we would have had a much more positive experience in another room.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple