“Flavour and service excellent ”
Review of Peixola

Peixola
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Peixola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 5,174 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: USD 17 - USD 34
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodré
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodré
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is an excellent small restaurant with welcoming and attentive staff.

To start I had the Tuna “pica-pau” which was a wonderfully tasty dish with the flavours of ginger and soy sauce. I had an excellent glass of Chardonnay to accompany it.

For my main course I had the cod Minhota style. This was a wonderfully meaty portion of cod on spinach topped with delicious caramelised onions and accompanied by potatoes.

To finish I had the mini caramel cake with raspberry ice cream. This was one of the best deserts I’ve had in a long time and worth the 15 minute wait.

Service excellent. Food excellent.

To top it all my 30% discount on booking with The Fork was applied automatically.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Edwin1957

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

One of our favorites in Lisbon! Very friendly staff, delicious food in a trendy setting. Sitting around the bar gives a special feeling but just Fits right in the concept!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We were here and got 2 sitting places. The bistro looks cool and plays nice music. The food I need to say was awesome. But 2 main dishes were not available. One because they change the card. Why did they still have it on the card? Why not make a mark in the old card? The second main dish was the John Dory fish. This should be illegal to sell in Portugal at this time. I could not find information about in the Internet. Than in the end we ordered rum they did not had. The offered one for 12 euro was in the end 14 Euro and did not taste well... In the end: the food is awesome but I am not sure about the honesty. Also the service had kind of a fight with the kitchen crew in front of the guests...

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I eat at Peixola about twice a month and I just can’t get enough. Wonderful fresh and creative fish and seafood dishes.

They have a wonderful tasting menu and main dishes, but we often come and eat several small plates. The shrimp tacos, codfish tacos, salmon tartare, tuna tartare, and ceviche are all outstanding.

And the petite gateau is the best dessert in Lisbon. It is a warm caramel cake baked to order that oozes caramel when you cut it. I have had this many times in other restaurants, but always in chocolate. The caramel at Peixola is amazing. It is served with a crumble and sorbet. I am not much of a dessert person, but I always order the petite gateau!

The staff are friendly and always willing to help with suggestions. The wine list is small, but reasonably priced. They are also rum cocktail specialists and make amazing rum cocktails.

Two things to be aware of ... the only spirit they serve is rum and most of the seating is at a u-shaped counter. There are a few small tables for 2, but they are a bit removed from the action.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This is such a cool place to dine at.
The fish tacos were such a repeat order by all of us and the John dori ek was mind blowing . The starters were scrumptious and this is such a must visit restaurant. The staff was very friendly and the ambience was elegant n classy . The bar was cute and well stocked

1  Thank MasarratN