All reviews junior suite swimming pool top floor one night beautiful hotel shower curtain fishing village incredible views cruise ship beans clock tower small fee amazing room very reasonable price coffee machine prime location floor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel has great location and amenities are well served. The roof top swimming pool with views are amazing. To the beach u have to walk abt 10-15 mins. The only minus is that the hotel do not have a bell boy. U have to carry your own luggage.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This hotel has prime location right on the long beach of Figueira da Foz with nice ocean views however it could be so much better! The room was a nice size with a large bed and a balcony with chairs so you can sit outside to enjoy the view. The bathroom had a bath and a bidet which us Europeans like however they did not provide small bidet towels. The room has a safe and a minibar however the minibar was not inside a closet space so it was very loud. We had to turn it off at night. The balcony door was not very soundproof and as we were there in winter it was quite windy so we could hear the wind from the closed balcony door. We had free wifi and breakfast was included in the rate. The parking garage was paid and was 10€ per day and was a little cramped and the spaces quite small. There are 16 floors in this hotel and only 2 elevators so we had to wait a while to get up and down. They have an indoor pool and a gym on the top floor and you need to bring your own bathing cap and slippers which are compulsory.
We only stayed one night and we found a plastic wrapper on the bathroom floor when we arrived and we never managed to get the safe to work.
Breakfast was the best part of our stay. They had lots of fresh fruit, cereal, different pastries and bread choices, yogurt, hot dishes like eggs, sausage,bacon, beans and you could make your own pancakes and get your own coffee from a coffee machine. We did not have dinner at the hotel. I would rate this hotel GOOD with room for improvement.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ItravelC
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel’s view and staff were probably my favorite. They loved to talk to myself and my family and you always have a beautiful view of the ocean. The ocean is also a little ways away and I would recommend walking to your left (facing the ocean) until you reach the clock tower and you see a lot of tents near the shore. The reason is that they have a nice wood walkway that it the best way to get to the ocean without tracking through a small imitation of the Sahara dessert. My only qualm with the hotel (and why I wish I could rate 4.5) is the elevator. A little warning for those coming, if you call the elevator and you are not on the ground floor or the top floor, the elevator will assume you want to go down. You cannot specify (except on the ground floor) that you wish to go up or down. It always calls the elevator to take you down. For the food I would recommend the grouper or the veal. As a side, I recommend the mushroom risotto that comes with the veal as it is a succulent and filling side to the meat but I found it also pairs well with the grouper. The breakfast, I think, is also very much worth it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Positives: A beautiful lobby with snacks and water available all day greeted us. We had a spacious suite—2 bathrooms and a living area with a generous view of the ocean and sunsets, and an outdoor deck that spanned the living and bedroom areas. The buffet breakfast, included in the daily room rate, was very good. The dinner we ate at the restaurant was excellent (though service was slow). From the hotel you can walk to a place to rent bikes—to ride along the boardwalk for miles—which we highly recommend.

Negatives: Unexpectedly, we learned it is a long walk to the swimming beach because right in front of hotel, the water depth gets too deep too quickly It is “dangerous” the staff said. The front desk staff tried hard, but seemed inexperienced in their ability to help us deal with basic room problems, which took many requests, as did making a restaurant reservation. The refrigerator in the room didn’t work upon our arrival. It was replaced, but guests shouldn’t be the ones to find out. The A/C did not work. The temp was stuck at 27C (80F). Once we complained enough times—by phone and in-person visits to the front desk, and after being offered multiple excuses—it seemed to magically kick in. We had a very loose faucet on one sink, slow drains, a burned-out bulb on the reading lamp next to bed, and less than full rolls of toilet paper at arrival. We had to "borrow" a roll from one bathroom for the other before housekeeping came. The outdoor deck table and chairs were filthy, so we didn’t bother to use them. The swimming pool—so beautiful in website photos—was being repaired and completely drained, which was a huge disappointment, especially for a summer visit in June!

Overall, this was a second-rate hotel. We are unlikely to ever book a Eurostar hotel anywhere else based on this experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I spent two nights at Eurostars Oasis and I had an amazing time. Our suite had great sea views, it was very clean and extremely comfortable. The staff at the hotel was going above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. We arrived early and we just wanted to leave the luggage but we had a nice surprise when we were told the room is ready for us and we can check-in. We were also offered a glass of Porto wine as welcoming drink. The breakfast at the hotel was good for the money. The parking was included in our reservation, but I guess you can park on the street without any troubles. The bar at the third floor had a great selection of tasty Portuguese wines. This hotel was the best hotel we stayed in Portugal.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple