Hotel Costa de Prata
USD 80*
USD 69*
  • Pool
Mercure Figueira da Foz(Figueira da Foz)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Hotel Wellington(Figueira da Foz)
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Figueira Da Foz(Figueira da Foz)
  • Bar/Lounge
Quiaios Hotel(Figueira da Foz)
TripAdvisor
Sweet Residence & Gardens(Figueira da Foz)
TripAdvisor
Atlantida Sol(Figueira da Foz)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2016

This is a nice, cheap hotel in a great position overlooking the sea in quiet Figueira da Foz. The public areas of the hotel have all been refurbished in clean whites, but the room itself was rather old and dilapidated. Definitely clean, Internet worked. Only complain was that there was only one plug point, that is just not enough for today's traveller. They are aware of the problem, so they should have double plugs on offer for guests use but they do not, A fail there. Breakfast was very simple continental and again a little thought, not expense, it is a budget hotel, could make this better and a cut above boring.

Room Tip: Ask for seafront, but I think they are a little more expensive
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2015

PROS
- General cleannes - about this everything was ok
- View from thru window of the bedroom: ocean view, very good indeed and with a plesant balcony to sit and enjoy the view.
-Decoration and room size: Bedrooms with ocean view are modern. They were refurbished recently and the decor is plesant. But all the other rooms are awful.
- Location: Close to the beach, restaurants, Casino, etc. Everything just a few minutes walk away.

CONS
- Check-in and check-out: Terrible, I arrived around 3PM to check-in and I was informed the bedroom was not available yet, still being cleaned. I had to walk around the hotel until over 6PM to be able to check-in. Unacceptable! The reason given by the lady in the front desk was that only one housekeeper was working that day, all the others were ill. Honestly I don't believe!
- Shower water temperature: not easy to setup but the worse is that the temperature was not constant and was not possible to hang the shower on the wall, is was broken.
- Breakfast: too simple and the service of refill the food is poor.
- Maintenance: Only the bedrooms with ocean view are refurbished. All the others are old, with old furniture and in very bad shape in general. But even in the refurbished room , I noticed some lack of maintenance. One of them was in the bathroom a ventilation tube on the wall covered with brown tape and the shower was broken, not possible to hang on the wall. See picture uploaded.
- Service/staff: The staff in friendly but not efficient. Although the reason as far as I experience is the insufficient number of employees. For example, I booked online a double bedroom with a romantic pack, including chocolats, fruit and champagne. First was the problem with the check-in, waiting until over 6PM to have the bedroom available. After I got to the bedroom I called to the reception to order the champagne with chocolats and fruit and also a extra bottle of water not included but I would like to pay for it. over 30 minutes after the order I called to reception again asking for my order. the answer was " will be there in a minute!" In fact 10 minutes more passed and I called again. And after 5 minutes someone knocked the door,. Was the lady from the front desk...also doing the room service job. But the order came uncompleted. Water missing! The lady promised to brought it in a couple minutes. In fact took other 30 minutes. So, in total over 1 hour after the order.
- Parking: Terrible! Not many parking places around and most of them paid. But what has upset me more was the mix information about the parking. I didn't mind to pay to park my car inside the hotel's garage, they advertise online on booking websites and also there's a information board at the reception saying they have 17 parking slots, that was one of the reasons to choose this hotel because I knew would be difficult to park outside. But when I arrive to the hotel around 3PM, I asked for a car slot to park the car, the lady at the reception informed that all of them were taken. Because my stay was for more than a day, I asked if I could reserve for next day. She answered that hotel do not accept reservation, who arrives first takes the slot. As the bedroom was not ready, still being cleaned, I went out for a coffee and a walk to burn time. I passed thru the garage and I counted 17 parking slots indeed, but only 4 taken. After I return to the hotel hoping the bedroom was already available,another lady was at the front desk, I asked again for the parking because the garage was almost empty. She said those were reserved. An opposite information from the one I got an hour ago from her colleague. I replied with the information I got previously, and the answer was that free space in the garage belong to another building not the hotel. I gave up, complete mess on the information non sense at all and to me was clear that was a scam!

DO I WILL RETURN?
Not sure! I had a decent time but at same time some sour memories still flying around in my mind. They have a lot to improve to make that hotel a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: only bedroom with ocean view are acceptable, all the othere are not refurbished
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

kicks butt. Fabulous room great staff and plenty of places to eat everywhere! I guess my views on hotels are a bit different than others. I really don't care for what amenities that come with the room, I just compare it to the price you're paying and weigh it out and this hotel weighed out nicely. Clean, comfortable and nice location and all for 40 Euros which to me is great. Also south facing rooms have a view of the old lighthouse, the old tennis club and the channel leading out the harbor and to the beautiful Atlantic. great street scenes from their

Room Tip: I say South facing rooms are best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed for 8 days while on business. Reception staff very cheerful and helpful (good English). Looks like much of the interior has been recently redecorated. Room was medium sized, clean, but with no amenities (no mini bar, no room safe, no tea/coffee facilities). There are safe boxes available at reception. Air conditioning unit appeared to be working however did not cool the room down (like it was missing refrigerant ?).
Has a breakfast room with basic continental breakfast offering. There is no cooking facilities and therefore no in-house restaurant/ room service. The 'bar" on the ground floor was not operational during my stay and doesn't look like it was meant to be. WiFi available although patchy reception in room, works okay in reception area (and stairwell).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2009

I spent a night at this hotel because I preferred to sleep in Figueira da Foz after my visit to Coimbra. It was full and I got the only available room. The staff was very kind and the check in was smooth and quick. The room is clean, bathroom is big enough and also clean. My room had no great view, but the hotel is just in front of the beach. They only have 2 electrical sockets, which may become a problem! The room has air conditioning. The hotel has only one elevator which makes breakfast rooma bit difficult to reach (I waited 3 minutes for the elevator).

They have a private parking lot, but you have to pay for it, so I left my car outside on the street and got no problems. The hotel is 5 minutes from the casino and you have plenty of nice restaurants in the nearby. In the end, I never tought it could be this good.

The breakfast is not excelent but it is nice. You have a small variety of fruits, bread and drinks but the breakfast room is on the 6th floor and has a great view to the sea!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple