“Good food, terrible service! ”
Review of A Tasca

A Tasca
Ranked #12 of 220 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely location, had tried to visit earlier in the week but was fully booked so booked two days in advance expecting a fantastic experience. We were disappointed! I had chick pea curry and rice balls followed by the biscuit cake, all were good. My friend had 'cod with mashed potato' which came with chorizo and bacon which wasn't stated on the menu and she doesn't eat meat. The service was very slow which spoilt the experience. We were told that two members of staff were ill so they were busy. Perhaps they shouldn't have taken so many covers in that case as they couldn't cope! This was a real shame as other reviews are so good but I cannot recommend it.
Hopefully if you are reading this you will have a better experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,420)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Best Lapas I've tries and all other things I've tried, especially the ones very local(Tuna,Octapus) very very delicius...Kind Staff

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is one of the popular restaurants in Ponta Delgada. The tapas and tuna were of really good quality and very fresh. Although I had to wait about minutes before I could get a table, the staff was friendly and helpful. Next time I'll make a reservation ;)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice and fast service. The sirloin and tuna made well medium. Cheap pricelevel. Recommendation aksi for the cheeseplate as starter.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Dining at A Tasca was a highlight of our trip to São Miguel. We were able to sample a variety of Azorean tapas for a reasonable price, with dishes ranging from 3-6€. The employees were very kind, welcoming, and attentive. They were not afraid to make suggestions and helped us select delicious dishes that did not disappoint. We will definitely go back. A reservation is recommended.